Thread: 1 x Trance ID (1994) ..Sounds like early Oliver Lieb?

Default 1 x Trance ID (1994) ..Sounds like early Oliver Lieb?

Hi.. This track is really bugging me, It's so familiar I think it could already be somewhere in my collection!?!?!

It sounds like a mid-90's Oliver Lieb production, Maybe on Harthouse or Superstition.. Hope somebody knows!

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, I think we should be looking through the different Frankfurt labels for this one. It could be Oliver Lieb, it could also be Pascal F.E.O.S, but for some reason the way that the breakbeat loop is used seems to write off both those candidates. With only a few exceptions (like Breakattack and some remixes), it was more usual for that duo to program their own drums.

^^^Damn.. I was hoping you'd know this one!

I've just checked both Azid Force releases and Infinite Aura on Harthouse and it's not any of them?

Perhaps my initial thoughts of it being Oliver Lieb are wrong!

listened to this id a couple of times the last days now.. trying to get a name to it as it is so familiar...cant get it out of my head now before i also know the name
    i'm pretty sure it's not on superstition or harthouse, as i know most of those releases up to 1995

Your right I've gone through all the early Superstition and Harthouse releases and it's not any of them! ..Re-discovered some great tracks though!

I also thought it sounded a little similar to the early X-Dream stuff on Tunnel records?

Or maybe another line of enquiry is perhaps an early Nostrum release?

Quote Originally Posted by SANDOZ25 View Post
    perhaps an early Nostrum release?
    It sounds like it could almost be a remix of Nostrum - Polaris, if you had a time traveling device. BUT: Nostrum didn't use drum loops, he programmed his drums. For many producers at that time, it was either "use drum loops or avoid them".

I think we should remain in the Frankfurt area. Although not exactly IN Frankfurt, the Overdrive label could maybe fit the description. Maybe something by DJ Tom & Norman? They used drum loops (but Norman usually sounded a bit harder than this). Your sample sounds a bit similar to their "Tales of Mystery".

I've got that DJ Tom & Norman album and most of the Overdrive catalogue up until 1996 here. It's 100% not on that label or anything by DJ Tom & Norman.. But thanks again for your input.

I think we can rule Nostrum out too! although I wish there were remixes of 'Polaris' as it's his best track imo.

..Anyway the search goes on!

is the track from a dj set? if so maybe would help if we knew from which one...

Just for confirmation.. It's Biochip C - Night Has it's Price
    Last edited by SANDOZ25; 21st April 2015 at 11:40 PM.

Thread Information