Thread: hardish trance 1997/98 Escape From Samsara (14 clips)

Default hardish trance 1997/98 Escape From Samsara (14 clips)

hi all. I've finally ripped some short clips of my favourite tunes from my mixtapes from Escape From Samsara residents Beamish and Oberon.

1-11 are from 1997 and 12-15 from 1 Jan 1999

any help would be much appreciated. cheers!

Bart

PS I've already got these hosted and can't upload from this computer - sorry!

Oberon 1
    oberon 1.mp3

Oberon 2
    FOUND: Casseopaya - Caution - YouTube

Oberon 3
    oberon 3.mp3
    "[that] indicates our current defence condition" (War Games?) / "phase 2 (3?)"

Oberon 4
    oberon 4.mp3

Oberon 5
    oberon 5.mp3

Oberon 6
    oberon 6.mp3

Oberon 7
    oberon 7.mp3

Oberon 8
    oberon 8.mp3
    "alright... alright... alright is everybody ready?"

Beamish 9
    beamish 9.mp3

Beamish 10
    FOUND: Razors Edge - Peace In Our Time (Dancefloor NRG Remix) - YouTube

Beamish 11
    FOUND: Incisions - Techno Gong (Original) - YouTube

Oberon 12
    FOUND: Mephista - Out Of The Blue - YouTube

Oberon 14
    FOUND: Firedancer - Fall - YouTube

Oberon 15
    FOUND: Phobos - Moons of Mars - Discogs

PPS I'm not superstitious - I've already ID'ed number 13.
    Last edited by Barticle; 7th July 2015 at 12:49 AM.

Dude!!!

Youre just the man Ive beenlooking for I hope!!!

I havent gone through all the clips yet, but I am desperate to find the tune where it goes quiet and a woman's voice says "TOTAL ECSTACY.... TOMORROW" and then sirens come in - please tell me you know it!

I know the 1 tune youre after "Caution,... " - ill have to track down the cd and get back to you. Actually Ive recognised a few more, just gotta find them...

cheers
    S
    Last edited by Mumbledude; 20th May 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbledude View Post
    Youre just the man Ive beenlooking for I hope!!!
    i am indeed!!

I havent gone through all the clips yet, but I am desperate to find the tune where it goes quiet and a woman's voice says "TOTAL ECSTACY.... TOMORROW" and then sirens come in - please tell me you know it!
    i know it! in fact it's a personal fave.

the track you want is Tomorrow by DuMonde. make sure you get the Onkel's Brett Mix.

hope you can offer some ID's in return...? *fingers crossed*

Thanks mate.

I posted a reply earlier, but doesnt seem to show up...???

Thank you soooooooo much for ID'ing this for me!!!! I cant tell you how many different ideas I tried trying to find this out!!!

I also miss EFS sooooooo much - i get really nolstalgic (and a bit depressed) thinking about those days - definitely best parties Ive had in my life!!!

Best party ever was Pendragon - Beltane party in '97 (i think???) - there were even people outside the Fridge Bar dancing on the bus stop at 9 am! GOOD TIMES!!!

Bear with me in ID'ing your tunes - I def know a lot of them and think I have some that I can ID on comp cd's - however I also think a few I recognise are from some EFS comp tapes from the old days in which case I wont be able to.
    I just gotta find them now - but will def look for them this weekend.

BTW - sorry for highjacking your thread, just got so excited at finding a likely solution to my problem - all etiquette went out the window!

Thanks again mate - much appreciated!!

cheers
    Sean

PS: if you hear about EFS having a party I would be most grateful for a heads up! (I think they played in Brazil in 2008... saw it on youtube)

Thank you soooooooo much for ID'ing this for me!!!! I cant tell you how many different ideas I tried trying to find this out!!!
    heh! no probs, Sean. it shouldn't be too hard to pick up a copy either - DuMonde is quite a big act and the track was released in several countries...

DuMonde - Tomorrow at Discogs

i've got the Australian CD single so i can rip it for you if you like, although i expect it's already out there on the interweb...

Best party ever was Pendragon - Beltane party in '97 (i think???) - there were even people outside the Fridge Bar dancing on the bus stop at 9 am! GOOD TIMES!!!
    yessir! sounds like a "beltin' Beltane"!

Bear with me in ID'ing your tunes - I def know a lot of them and think I have some that I can ID on comp cd's - however I also think a few I recognise are from some EFS comp tapes from the old days in which case I wont be able to. I just gotta find them now - but will def look for them this weekend.
    no rush at all - i've already waited over a decade after all! would appreciate any help you can give.

hopefully some will be on CD - not just cos they'll be ID'ed but cos i DJ from CD so that'll make them easier to pick up.

of course you might have the same unlabelled tapes that i have!

BTW - sorry for highjacking your thread, just got so excited at finding a likely solution to my problem - all etiquette went out the window!
    haha! i was just kidding. more than happy to assist the EFS massive.

PS: if you hear about EFS having a party I would be most grateful for a heads up! (I think they played in Brazil in 2008... saw it on youtube)
    oh really? not heard much from them for a while. there was a mini revival in 2007 but there's nothing more recent the Myspace page.

MySpace.com - Escape From Samsara - 36 - Female - London, UK - www.myspace.com/escapefromsamsarauk

Pendragon at least continued to run the annual London Earthdance event each September but i don't think that happened last year... couldn't find any info on it at the time.

Hi mate,

couldnt wait til the weekend... so going through all the tracks now (quite easy on an iPod!) unfortunately I have not yet found any!!! And im damn sure I have just about all the ones you wanna know! But Im worried that you may be right... all on unmarked tapes... Not giving up though, if anything a pleasant trip down memory lane

Thanks for the offer for the rip, but I ordered vinyl and cd about 2 minutes after I received you reply!

You never know, EFS may decide to have another go sometime in the UK - I was actually on their Myspace page (leaving same question I asked you) before I found tuneid... It would be great to party again! Last time i went dancing was about 2 years ago, but just wasnt the same, mainly the crowd i think... EFS was great, went there so many times alone, always made friends

Anyway mate, I could reminisce(??) for hours... Ill keep loooking for those tracks.

And thanks again!!

cheers
    Sean

zSHARE - beamish 11.mp3
    "something's got me... orh!" (?)

Is this Incisions - Beyond Motion at Discogs
    Namely Techno Gong is the track

Not giving up though, if anything a pleasant trip down memory lane
    you have a long bank holiday wkend to find my choons so i expect big things! heh! enjoy the reminiscing.

Thanks for the offer for the rip, but I ordered vinyl and cd about 2 minutes after I received you reply!
    okay, cool.

EFS was great, went there so many times alone, always made friends
    yeah, i usually went down to London by myself and made some very good friends there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Incisions - Beyond Motion at Discogs
    Namely Techno Gong is the track
    awesome! many thanks Keno!

i see it's on the Ravermeister 7 unmixed compilation so first i'll have to see if i've got it already (!) as i've got several of the series (always good for a few hard/uplifting trance biggies) and if not i should be able to pick it up on CD. wicked.

Hi mate,

really sorry to have got your hopes up.... couldnt believe I couldnt find any!

I found my Samsara tape, so must have been what I was thinking of (although I havent listened to it for years they still sounded so fresh in my mind!), I couldnt listen to it though, couldnt find a bloody tape decK!!

Track 3 reminded me of tracks off Hardhouse Euphoria (Lookin' Good) and another from Hard Dance Anthems - all similar sounding dialogue to "it indicates our current defence condition / phase 2 (3?)" .

Anyway sorry dude - good luck!

And thanks again for IDing that Dumonde track - cant wait for it to arrive to hear it again!

cheers
    Sean

hey, no problem Mumbles. i really appreciate you taking the time to look and it's always nice to think back on the Fridge days.

at least you bumped my thread and i got one track ID'ed!

i checked my compilations and would you believe i have Ravermeister volumes 1 thru 6 but no RM7 - doh! however i've just ordered it off a guy in Germany so that's one tune sorted (and hopefully a few other good 'uns on there).

i'm bumping this old thread of mine. i've updated all the links (short clips that auto-play) and given Youtube links for the tracks that've been spotted now, most recently two identified by Oberon himself.

bump...

I've added fresh links to my original post again.

(if you find them expired in future and think you can help just drop me a quick msg and I'll re-upload them - thanks!)

Thread Information