Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Radio 1 Hotmix 92 Tune- Wrong Id

It is.
    I recently found another more rare mix of the Our Tribe tune subtitled 'Hypnotically' bit that's not it either! It must have been a one off not released before Rollo put the main vocal on. Or, as others have suggested a different tune. Can't see that as the female vocal runs right through the track.
    The search, continues....!

To be honest I think its just an accapella over the top if it was another dj I would say maybe its an acetate or something but sasha was the king of putting acca's over the top of other tunes I would concentrate on the accapella and see what that brings up if this has already been mentioned then sorry haha
    °•,¸¸,•°``°•®Frº§Tië°_°Hä®Ð©örë° ©™ ²°°³•°``°•,¸¸,•°

Yes, you may well be right. He did run a lot of accapella's and phasing too!
    I have considered that but even so the version of Our Tribe has NO vocal at all.
    All the commercially available and promos have the 'I Believe in You' vocal!

Been driving me mad for as long as you mate. If you ask my honest opinion i dont think it is an acca. I think its an unreleased mix by Rollo. Thats my theory anyway haha

God damn it

Agreed. Pretty much the opinion I came to years ago!
    An unreleased mix before the main vocal went on...
    Bloody annoying.

I beg to differ on this one I think if it were a unreleased version you would of come across it somewhere or at least heard about it ? plus the tune in question wasn't a massive sasha tune that nobody could id for years everybody knows that riff is from our tribe agreed its just the vocal that's throwing everyone out ok the only possible way in my eyes that this could be a legit copy is that sasha is playing a mix from an acetate which then in turn didn't get released on the promo which is unlikely as acetates were expensive and easier just to throw out a few hundred white labels to current dj's I still reckon its an accapella over the top as the acca is slighty out when its brought in the second time plus rollo is an experienced producer I just don't think if he added these vocals he would have placed them there and they are out of key too there are a lot of very knowledgeable sasha people on here so for no one not to know on such a well known track I just cant believe it either that or its a bootleg but I don't think you can play bootlegs on radio can you ? Sorry to waffle guys
    Last edited by Frostie; 12th March 2017 at 12:47 PM.

Some valid points there. Namely the vocal being slightly out of key.
    I've been after this since the day I heard it. I've taken fliers on shit records thinking it might be it then received them with some utter shite on.
    To think I've been looking down the wrong road for that long upsets me haha
    But like you said I've spent the last 28 years rooting through vinyl and never come across it so maybe it is one of those rare anomalies. Fuck him. At least there's 3 of us looking 😀
    Last edited by king coe; 12th March 2017 at 01:39 PM.

Indeed valid points. And, prob correct re an acca over the top. BUT, that riff.
    Try finding it on any commercial or promo' of Our Tribe. It ain't there. That 'skipping' 'clicking' beat (sorry, James Hamilton) that the mix starts with is not part of any release. Plus the 'I Believe in You' vocal is on all the mixes. It's not there in this version at all...

Great debate thou try and message Rollo and ask the question ?

I suppose that would settle it!

also has anyone heard the SLOWLY MIX? just a thought
    https://www.discogs.com/Our-Tribe-I-...u/master/95703
    Come, Fly The Teeth Of The Wind. Share My Wings

Yes. Got that one.
    Slow BPM. Not it.
    There's is also the rarer 'Hypnotically' as well.
    We've heard 'em all!!

At least there's 3 of us looking....

Make that 4.

I've found that finding his thread and forum has been quite therapeutic! Proved to myself I'm not the only obsessed nut job in town!!
    Looked up Rollo in Twitter but he's pretty inactive so may not get much joy asking....

I've read the posts here with interest and I like many others have also been trying to hunt down this version of the track.

Here's my view on the track...

I think it's an early demo of the Euphorically Mix rather than a special edit.. If you hear the mix of the Radio 1 Hot Mix it finishes very abruptly with some explosions rather than an outro that he mixes in to the next tune.... This may point to an unfinished demo, although I never heard him play it live so maybe there was a more complete version?

The drums are definitely from the Euphorically Mix as is the main organ riff... hence my view is it an early mix of that version.

I think the "Can't You See I'm Gonna Fall" vocal is the original vocal Rollo/Rob D used on the track rather than added by Sasha either live or for an acetate that he may have cut..

I think they either changed the vocal before they went to FFRR or FFRR said "great tune but we need a better vocal hook" and they had a session singer in to sing a few lines.

As it happens I've message Rob D tonight to see if he can recall what version this is and hopefully end the mystery

Thread Information