Thread: Where is this sampled from originally?

Default Where is this sampled from originally?

Hi!

This link contains two clips;

Technotronic - Hey Yoh, Here We Go
    B.G The Prince Of Rap - Walk Over The Rainbow

I know this sample is used in other songs too but I can't remember which ones, and what I do want to find out is who made the original sample and what song.

Thanks

Link: zSHARE - identifythissampleplease.mp3

Edit/ uploaded sample to this site aswell.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BWOY; 2nd December 2008 at 12:53 AM.

The one track I know used this sound the first is Techno Grooves Mach 4 - Techno Slam

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Thanks bunkerheadz! Do you think Techno Grooves sampled or produced that sound? Hard for you to know maybe I'm trying to find the isolated sample but I just don't know where to start looking... if it only had a name, like the amen break for instance.

I know the guy who's behind Techno Grooves, shall email him this link

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Whoa, didnt expect that reply, thats so cool! REALLY appreciate this, thanks

Mm im kinda leaning towards Yellow Magic Orchestra or Ryuichi Sakamoto
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

Call me retarded but tonight I downloaded 23 albums from Yellow Magic Orchestra and skipped through all 294 tracks (beginning, 25%, 50%, 75%), but I couldn't find it. It was pretty boring so now I'm just going to lay low and see what happens in this thread, heh.

However I thank you Meltdown, I found some pretty nice tracks. I'll be doing alot of sampling from these albums in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by BWOY View Post
    Call me retarded but tonight I downloaded 23 albums from Yellow Magic Orchestra and skipped through all 294 tracks (beginning, 25%, 50%, 75%), but I couldn't find it. It was pretty boring so now I'm just going to lay low and see what happens in this thread, heh.

However I thank you Meltdown, I found some pretty nice tracks. I'll be doing alot of sampling from these albums in the near future
    I'm pretty sure its 1 of them type of pioneers i know ive heard the original sample but cant think. I 1st thought kraftwerk but im pretty sure its not them will have another think
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

Lets hope Techno Grooves show up in here. I also sent an email to a DJ Lhasa who supposedly used this sample in one of his songs.

People at TuneID

I have heard that this sample is originally from Quartermain - There Is No Coke.

Now, I don't know if mp3 requests are allowed in here, but if they aren't...could someone who has this song just see if this sample is isolated in there for me? I would really appreciate it,
    peace fellas. Could never find the mp3 for this one.

discogs says

Quartermain - There Is No Coke - 1992
    Techno Grooves - Techno Slam - 1991

Thread Information