Thread: Paul Oaknefold Ku Essential Mix 95 - Very Elusive ID!

Default Paul Oaknefold Ku Essential Mix 95 - Very Elusive ID!

Hi All

This is on a Radio 1 essential mix - EM095 - 17th September 1995 - Paul Oakenfold, Beto Party, Ibiza. There is a track llisting for this but it states this is a white label or acetate - maybe one of you out there has spun this?

This track is a corker, one of the best progressive crossover tracks I have ever heard, good breakdown towards end of clip. I would give my right arm to know what this is! (ID'er pays shipping costs of course!).

Any help massivley appreciated.

I gotta feeling this never got released as i vaguely remember it might ave been called By Your Side or something like that but i maybe wrong
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

Thanks, would be a damn waste if it was never released..Anybody else recall this one?

ID = Jimmy Somerville - By Your Side (The Shining Mix)

Jimmy Somerville - By Your Side (12", Promo) at Discogs

I just did the tracklist for this set recently on my site and saw your post a few weeks back. And since I was going to need to confirm this tune for my site as well, I went ahead and ordered the maxi single for verification. There's a short breakdown at the very end of the song as heard in the essential mix (not featured on the above tuneid clip), but upon listening I found it wasn't on the maxi version. I think the 12" or 12" promo probably has it, I'll try to confirm that soon. But this is the song you've been searching for!
    Last edited by wallabyFC; 21st December 2009 at 07:16 PM.
    Do you know any of these Oakenfold IDs (1985-1999)?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkpHSZYSIqb637LaOT93lsCqmhUwODiQp

Listen to Paul Oakenfold mixes and live sets at www.oakenfoldmixes.com

Quote Originally Posted by wallabyFC View Post
    ID = Jimmy Somerville - By Your Side (The Shining Mix)

Jimmy Somerville - By Your Side at Discogs

I just did the tracklist for this set recently on my site and saw your post a few weeks back. And since I was going to need to confirm this tune for my site as well, I went ahead and ordered the maxi single for verification. There's a short breakdown at the very end of the song as heard in the essential mix (not featured on the above tuneid clip), but upon listening I found it wasn't on the maxi version. I think the 12" or 12" promo probably has it, I'll try to confirm that soon. But this is the song you've been searching for!
    Good work there wallaby m8

Hi WallabyFC

Thank you very much for ID'ing this, it is much appreciated!

Love this mix, and would be grateful if you could confirm whether the promo is indeed the one that has the breakdown as found on the original essential mix tape.

I will start looking for this, i'm guessing the promo will be difficult to find or pricey..but i'm gonna try!

Thanks again...

Promo is dirt cheap on discogs but still unable to confirm as yet

K a few helpful people got back to me on discogs who own this record, and I can confirm that the 12" and the 12" promo both have the breakdown at the end, while the maxi cd version doesn't.

I'm not sure why the breakdown at the end wasn't included on the cd, as it could have easily fit since there are only 4 songs on the disc with a total duration of 25 minutes. I've put the correct discogs link on my previous post to reflect the version with the breakdown/outro at the end.
    Last edited by wallabyFC; 21st December 2009 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wallabyFC View Post
    K a few helpful people got back to me on discogs who own this record, and I can confirm that the 12" and the 12" promo both have the breakdown at the end, while the maxi cd version doesn't.

I'm not sure why the breakdown at the end wasn't included on the cd, as it could have easily fit since there are only 4 songs on the disc with a total duration of 25 minutes. I've put the correct discogs link on my previous post to reflect the version with the breakdown/outro at the end.
    I can actually tell you exactly why they faded it. Around the mid 90's some bright spark made a rule that any cd to be sold must only be a certain duration to be able to chart & as Jimmy Somerville is the artist this would have been the case.

Interesting, I never knew that. That's pretty crazy haha. Anyway, quality tune!

Thread Information