Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: colin dale big love 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Moore View Post
    The tune has a sample, what sounds like a computerised voice saying" the era of music"
    For future reference, it's a specific type of voice synthesis called SAM (Software Automatic Mouth). Some tunes from the early 90s may have used samples from sample collections in order to mimic U96, but the real deal was to make custom quotes for SAM to recite. Most likely this was done using either the Amiga 500 or Atari 800, although the software was originally written for Apple II and C64.

Of all the ways to make computerized voices that have surfaced ever since Doctor Who, SAM beats everything when it comes to sounding like a proper computer, IMHO. When humans start making androids, this is what they *should* sound like -- I don't care if they start a rebellion for being created with a speech impairment.

EDIT: Sorry if my post brought the thread into two pages for some of us. Newcomers: The samples to be IDed are in the previous two posts.
    Last edited by C14ru5; 26th January 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks for the post C14ru5.

Great tracks but I have no idea what they are?

Thanks for looking SANDOZ25, ive also posted this topic on discogs so fingers crossed it might get ideed on either. If I find out what they are I will let you know

the clash tune is by gringo which was suggested on page one some months ago, so thank you to all!!!

Another try

hi raoul

this was my favourite mix! it is what got me into techno when i was about 12/13 - i still have the 4 pack but the producer got nicked
    anyway i love that first tune as well - really psychadelic - sorry i don't know what it is
    the one i want to know the name of is the third track with the mad LFO breakdown - do you know it?

Hi alex it should be this Radiation - Meltdown (Remixes) (12") at Discogs the jimmy crash south of brooklyn dub the other remix was played by dave angel a lot, so you get two fantastic tracks on 1 12". Its one of my favourite 12".

Thanks for looking, and if you want any more ids for that set I know nearly all of them apart from two I think.

Bump!!!

had a listen mate...nice tune but sorry i don't know it (it'll bump the thread for you )

Another try

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Moore View Post
    Hi alex it should be this Radiation - Meltdown (Remixes) (12") at Discogs the jimmy crash south of brooklyn dub the other remix was played by dave angel a lot, so you get two fantastic tracks on 1 12". Its one of my favourite 12".

Thanks for looking, and if you want any more ids for that set I know nearly all of them apart from two I think.
    holy shit!! i've spent like 18 years looking for that track lol!
    thanks so much Raoul your a hero

No problem, plus if your interested the track i was looking for from the start of the tape is laurent garnier - for house music lovers wake up (remix)

thats awesome i feel like another piece in the puzzle has been solved!! i love that garnier tune too now i know it...
    do you know the second track i know its dave angel??? amazing 909 skills

Thread Information