Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: colin dale big love 1993

Default colin dale big love 1993

again its a shame i havent got all my old tapes as it would make ids easier to come by, but nevertheless you have come good for me before on scraps of info so here goes.

Back in 1993 colin dale played at the universe "big love". The tape started with an mc saying "now we have colin dale make some noise, make some mother f**king noise come on" and then the set starts and it is the first tune i want. The tune has a sample, what sounds like a computerised voice saying" the era of music" at some part of it .It is a techno record but from no where about two minutes in some trance just rises up from no where and then colin dale mixes it out with 1/4 pounder by dave angel.

On the second side of the tape colin dale plays a techno record which samples the clash "should I stay or should I go" which I am curious to know what it is.

Thanks for any info

Is it this 2 cassette tape by chance,

September 1993, south parade pier.
    I still have to put this whole mix onto desktop into mp3, from both tapes. I will do it on Wednesday when off work for the day, then cut of those song parts on the tapes for you and then post 1 minute cuts of the tracks to see if anybody knows the tracks for ya. Give me a few days i will do it soon. Hope that helps for now.

Hope these are the correct tapes..

thanks for your help fox techno but it is not those tapes, it is from the universe "big love" which the tape came in abox set with djs like the producer, the source clarkee etc on it.

As a matter of fact I actually bought these tapes thinking that it could be the tape I was after but it wasnt.

Thanks for looking, and hope fully some one knows the set I am on about

Here is a rave flyer of the event http://www.fantazia.org.uk/images/biglove.jpg I actually thought this would have been a well listened to tape as i have seen a lot of people searching for ids for a dj producer set from the same box set, and thought if people have that tape then it is likely they would have this one, but then again 15 years is a long time and I dont have a copy any more so maybe a lot of copies of this tape have went the same way.

Here is a list of the tracks i Knoe colin dale played on the set:

1. I need this classic trancey techno tune
    2. 1/4 pounder Dave Angel - Original Man
    3. meltdown remix Radiation - Meltdown (Remixes)
    4. hardcore traxx vol II Various - Hardcore Trax Vol. II
    5. very interesting progress Very Interesting Progress - Progression EP

This is the complete first side of the tape so if any one has any ideas on the first tune that would be great.

Does no one remember the dj set at the big love from colin dale ?

[QUOTE=Raoul Moore;350301]On the second side of the tape colin dale plays a techno record which samples the clash "should I stay or should I go" which I am curious to know what it is.[QUOTE]

do you have the Gringo record in the link below?

Gringo (2) - Untitled (12", Red) at Discogs

that release has a track with The Clash sample in it, don't remember it being on the tape buuut it was a long time ago I last heard that set!

I dont have that releases so i am going to check it out. Thanks for the info i appreciate it as it looks quite promising

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Moore View Post
    I dont have that releases so i am going to check it out. Thanks for the info i appreciate it as it looks quite promising
    yeah, it's the usual mentalness that i've come to expect from Gringo ... I did check to see if I had recorded a sample of the tracks and stored on my comp but it appears not, as was gonna suggest e-mailing to you ... unfortuneately I have moved my decks away from my comp and have not got round to sorting some extra long leads to plug one back into soundcard so can't easily make a mpu3 at the mo but you're welcome to call me and hear it down the phone ... the old fashioned way! if you're more than just interested, i've got a spare copy here

thanks for your help If it rings any bells the one bit of the tune i remember is it breaks down with pure bass repeating "should i stay or should i go, should i stay or should i go" then what sounds like a siren comes into the back ground. Does this bare any resemblance to the record you have?

bump

Hey Raoul,

I thought it would be better to reply here to give it a fresh bump.

Sorry but I don't have the Universe Big Love set and searched far and wide for a download to use for samples. The best I have is that you can buy the mix for £6 from here Fantazia Shop - Universe rave / old skool mix CDs but you probably already knew this.

Hopefully someone will see this and get a sample put up.

Stevee0303

Hey again Raoul,

Firstly my apologies for not even realising the clips I had were from BIG LOVE, I just got it from a friend saying 'colin dale dj mix' and haven't really listened to it properly.
    I have attached clips of the first track and will check through the other parts I have that may contain the other track your after.

Hopefully you haven't went and bought it just yet? I can upload it for you if you need the set.

Stevee0303
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Raoul,

Here's two clips of the track that samples the clash, hopefully someone will nail these....

Stevee0303
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks stevee0303 I really appreciate the samples, yet again you have given me a massive chance to get these ids

Thread Information