Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '89 breakbeat blapps posse style?

Default '89 breakbeat blapps posse style?

anyone remember a breakbeat and rap track from 1989, it had an acid bassline as sampled by the bassbin twins on dirty crystal, check attached mp3 clip, it was very blapps posse in style, cockney rap etc.. i think there was also an instrumental, any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

the acid lick is from

musto and bones - this will be mine

no rap vocals tho just a sample that says "this could be ours"
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Musto & Bones - The Future Is Ours

not sure if they sampled the acid lick from summat else but its possible as they were the sample kings
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

The Acid line is originally from Liddell Townsell - The Groove

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

There is another track from 89 that has this riff in it with a rap but i cant think off the title atm but this is the 1 ur after im sure.
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

Thanks guys, lindell townsell - the groove is defo the source of the original acid lick, sampled by musto and bones, think u know the track i'm after meltdown, if u can remember the title ... It also had the 'ooh!!' sample used on Mc Wildski - Warrior (art of fighting mix) every couple of bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollywinka View Post
    Thanks guys, lindell townsell - the groove is defo the source of the original acid lick, sampled by musto and bones, think u know the track i'm after meltdown, if u can remember the title ... It also had the 'ooh!!' sample used on Mc Wildski - Warrior (art of fighting mix) every couple of bars.
    Yup thats what i remember also the ughh sample i can prolly find a clip somewhere i will try to dig 1 out

is it this your thinking of mate

Nice one meltdown, wud be a great help

isnt that acid riff on blapps posse-bus it.....aswell! might be wrong...its time to get busy!
    Last edited by Mr.P; 22nd June 2008 at 05:34 PM.

sorry doolz that aint it, the one i'm after had the exact same acid loop from the musto & bones, and lindell townsend tracks. Mr.p, 'bus it' is a track in the same vein as the one i'm after, but it aint it either, thanks all the same.

Default got an mp3 clip

Ok, have rifled through my dusty old tapes and have found a clip of the track, there is also an instrumental version on the tape, but i have put the the rap version on here to aid identity, thanks to those that listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollywinka View Post
    Ok, have rifled through my dusty old tapes and have found a clip of the track, there is also an instrumental version on the tape, but i have put the the rap version on here to aid identity, thanks to those that listen.
    Cool was havin probs finding my clip but thats the 1 i remember but still have no idea who its by

It was Mc untouchable on blapp records so you were pretty close...

nice one placid!

Thread Information