Thread: Tune ID help please!!! Bit Machine sample

Default Tune ID help please!!! Bit Machine sample

Hi,

I've been trying to find the name of this tune for ages, it was the first tune on a mix tape from around 95-97.

It starts with some classic house lyrics (sorry can't remember exactly) but something like the one off Mr Fingers Can U feel it.
    Then it kicks in with piano before having the synth riff from Bit Machine - Somebody Real!! (thats the bit i really remember)

I can't find anything on the internet so i think it might be a bootleg.
    after searching the forums i thought it might have been dj atomic - atomic house, but i've managed to find that and its not.

help!!!

could just be the instrumental version of somebody real with an accapella at the start ???

hi volpster,

yeah i think it might be, i've hammered google trying to see if any other tune uses this riff but can't find anything and it hasn't jogged anyones memory.

i think i'm never going to know unless i stumble across the mix tape!!!

Hi clel. i remember a sample from bit machine (only the piano bit) and its by 'fantastic max'.. i have it on record, i'l dig it out (might take me a while, lol..) if you need anymore info i.e. title coz i'v forgot, but i can remember its is a white label and thats why nothin comes up on google probably..

cheers teemasta, that might be it as reckon it must be a white label.
    it could be the dj on the tape was just an absolute genius, but sure there's a vinyl of it somewhere

thanks for your help!!

Hi clel, did you get anywhere with the ID i gave ya..? i bin away so not bin on comp but heres some more info on what i think it might be if ya stil in the dark. its called 'turn it out'...
    Fantastic Max (2) - Turn It Out

hi teemasta, no sorry i've not been able to find a clip of it.
    i've looked through the oldskoolanthemz website and i can't find a sample. there were some samples attached to this forum but they've expired.

i'll keep diggin' google and let you know. cheers for the full name!

S.S.R. - To Be House
    this samples mr fingers and has the piano thing going! could be this one!

hi clel,
    l'l dig it out for ya and put it on my computer and send you a clip just to see if it is the 1.. if its the 1 your after i'l send it ya fully...! give us a week or so..

cheers mate,

i found a small clip yesterday on here....
    http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-clas...ool-needs.html
    but it only gives me a bit of the piano so can't really tell

couldn't find much else, there was one on Hard to Find records FANTASTIC MAX - VOLUME 2- BRITISH PROMO 12" though it didn't have the piano sample and was more oldskool hardcore than house.

fingers crossed
    clel

hi buddy,
    Yeah the clip from matts needs is the one i've got..! as for the hard to find one for sale being oldskool hardcore, maybe coz its a promo & Vol 2.? there seems to be alot of Vol 2's around..! but the one i have is defo not hardcore..! discogs is your best bet anyway. htfr are useless...!! although as i was diggin it out and listening it, i was thinking of ya description and i thought it wasn't the one.. there's no vocal at start. but the dj could of put that on with it being the beginning of a tape..! anyway here it is, a bit longer, Fantastic Max - Turn It Up.mp3..! . let me know coz it'l be interesting to know if you've located this golden talisman, lol...
    Last edited by TeeMasta; 9th February 2008 at 06:34 AM.

arrrr!!! its not the one, although its a top tune

the more i listen to the original bit machine tune the more i think it was a bootleg. you know the "somebody real vs ...." type affair.
    i think i'll just have to hope i get lucky and someone knows it.

i've scowered discogs and nowhere mentions any other tunes that sample that synth riff from somebody real.

i keep having to double take now i search in google as this thread comes up

do you think any of the other bit machine releases use the same sample? artists do use their winning formula to death sometimes

Hi mate,
    sorry its not the one..!! i did actually think with your description it wasn't the one you were after, i just had a feeling that it wasn't right..! but the only thing i can think of is the dj has mixed something into it hiself at the start of the tape, (i.e. acappella) coz on the flip side of somebody real there is a instrumental version which is slightly different without any vocals..! i can clip you a sample to narrow the search down further if you want. just let me know, we'l get there son....!!!!!

yeah cheers mate, that would help. i could always try and make the tune myself

i really need to find the mix tape it was on. there was one on oldskoolanthemz with ultrahigh before bit machine, but after finding the ultrahigh tune it wasn't this!!!
    it definately didn't have that rap in it that's halfway though bit machine!

do you know which dj's liked showing off using acapella's? i think it was a maxine's or bowlers tape

Thread Information