Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Unknown from 1991...Please help

Default faith and hope and charity

theres also another unknown on the track list for this if anyone is interested...

Switzerland - Inflight (The Correct Use Of Dope) (12", Promo) at Discogs

faith and hope and charity, one for you and one for me, money doesn't grow on trees but babies come from ladies...

its the track called 'Chuck Apple Mad'

he plays it after Think Tank

Listening to this set as we speak... Does anyone know where its from? Im guessing its a south west event.. something like Obsession or Fantazia?? Any ideas?

its from Plymouth.. it was a night called Alpha run by I think Jan from Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by hakatone View Post
    its from Plymouth.. it was a night called Alpha run by I think Jan from Exeter
    Sweet Hakatone, that fits in.... Do you know what size it was? Was it a club or a rave? And, any idea on the date?

Thanks mate.

it was in the Warehouse I think.. one of the Alpha allnighters..
    so a club rather than a rave

this flyer looks familiar, think the original tape had this as a cover

http://hyperreal.org/raves/database/...ha_14feb92.jpg

that would place it in February 92.. I didn't go, too skint as I remember!! a bunch of mates did though..

quite a lot of mixtape sites have this mix named as DiY go to Amsterdam for some reason

has anyone got a copy of this set,lost my tape many moons ago(got nicked!) cheers amigos

Nice one Hakatone... ive been trying to place this set for years. Someone informed me it was from Amsterdam but surely the mc'ing would have been in Dutch...? Ive got it on my pc, ill upload it when i get a chance..

nice1 harri,just got hold of both sets earlier today,thanks again mate for your work!

whats the dj clinton track,cant find it on discogs,anybody know what its called?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    nice1 harri,just got hold of both sets earlier today,thanks again mate for your work!
    No problem P

Default DJ Clinton

Mr. P

the last 3 tracks on side A are played by DJ Clinton.. a very good South West DJ from back then.. his name in the list is just to tell you its him not Jack..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hakatone View Post
    Mr. P

the last 3 tracks on side A are played by DJ Clinton.. a very good South West DJ from back then.. his name in the list is just to tell you its him not Jack..

cheers

nice1 mate,never heard of him before,have the last 3 tracks mixed by him been named in this set? top tunes near the end,want to make sure i can get them aswell if poss! cheers blu

Default Clinton

yup, its these

DJ Clinton
    Bitin’ Back - She’s Breaking Up (briefly)
    Electropeople - Technoboy
    Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit’ Em Part 2

Electropeople - Technoboy - what a f**kin tune!

I played in room 2 that nite....A corker of a nite indeed!!! Warehouse held some awesome raves its such a shame all the historic buildings that hosted these memories just sit there broken and derelict. Your right Jan ran Alpha along with Alan (Mad Captain Zorg). Sweet times - seems like yesterday.

Thread Information