Thread: USURA - Open Your Mind - which mix?

Default USURA - Open Your Mind - which mix?

Hi everyone,

I was watching the movie "Total Recall" on the weekend and there was the scene where te mutant alien says, "Open your mind." This is the scene that USURA sampled for their popular old 1992 track "Open Your Mind."

The alien goes on to repeat those words a few times and I remember I heard once or twice back in 1993 or 1994 a longer mix of the track that featured these repeated words, especially when the mutant says, "Open your miiiiiiiiiiind".

So I'm wondering if anyone knows which mix it is? I've downloaded countless mixes in an effort to find it. Most of them later remixes.

Thanks!

Andrew.

if it's an acid track it will be this Circuit Breaker - Experiments In Sound

Another one, tho from '91:

Supermatic - Open Your Mind / Othon

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

I know those other tracks. But it's some kind of extended version of the USURA track. Maybe it was a bootleg DJ mix or something.

it is deffo on this vinyl as i've got it somewhere ,,,,just looked for it for half hour but give up as i got too many records but that mix is on

Usura* - Open Your Mind

i think its the classic mix

came across another vinyl with the same title while i was looking too......lol

Klubbingman - Open Your Mind (Part One)

ron.....

if i find it and interested i'll sell it

Thankyou, Dooronron. I found a copy of the Classic Mix that went for 8 minutes I think. I've lost the share connection a few days ago but hope to get it back soon. The discogs record says it's only 5 mins so hopefully this is the one.

808 State - Open Your Mind. Also.

Thanks, but it was definately the old Usura track.

It's not the Classic mix. Soulseek got confused by the VBR encoding and listed it at 8 mins when it was actually the standard 5:24 mins or so.

It's also not the Fishpop Mix or the Tatata Mix.

Mate it might be this - "Club 22 - Open your mind"

Club 22 - Open Your Mind

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik1 View Post
    Mate it might be this - "Club 22 - Open your mind"

Club 22 - Open Your Mind
    Thanks! It's not this one. Although, curiously, it is exactly the same as USURA's track but with a slightly different female "ohh" sound, a different sample.

Default U.s.u.r.a

Hi Andrew im not 100 percent certain but the mix your after i think could be on the original italian style release of the open your mind track
    U.S.U.R.A. - Open Your Mind had this version myself many moons ago worth a shot in trying to get a hold of these mixes im also pretty certain italian style released more remixes a few moons later so its worth having a look on discogs for further releases using U.S.U.R.A instead of usura

regards john
    Last edited by droid; 10th September 2007 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Hi Andrew im not 100 percent certain but the mix your after i think could be on the original italian style release of the open your mind track
    U.S.U.R.A. - Open Your Mind had this version myself many moons ago worth a shot in trying to get a hold of these mixes im also pretty certain italian style released more remixes a few moons later so its worth having a look on discogs for further releases using U.S.U.R.A instead of usura

regards john
    Hi John,

Thank you for your assistance. I have had a look through that release. I downloaded the Dub Mix from it and it turned out to be same as the Fishpop Mix.

I think that what I heard was probably just a DJ bootleg mix or something.

Also, if you search discogs.com, it has Usura / U.S.U.R.A. listed as the same artist (alias) so you can do it either way.

I'll just keep my eye on the file sharing search results for it and see if I see anything different sticking out.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Default I found it!

Finally, I have found the mix I was after. It is the Chart Remix. It features some slightly different percussion, extra bass and some melodies and has the extra miiiiiiiind sample, etc.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Andrew.

Thread Information