Thread: 'everybody in the world, everybody in the world wants the same damn thing'

Default 'everybody in the world, everybody in the world wants the same damn thing'

bit of a long shot this, and im askin for a mate. Does anyone know of an oldskool tune with the following lyrics:

'everybody in the world, everybody in the world wants the same damn thing'

Now i searched google and it said the lyrics were from Janis Joplin - Ball & Chain, which is what JJ Tribute was sampled from - but its not JJ tribute.

Any help appreciated.

Been loads of remixes and mash ups of Asha, might be one

Coup D'etat - How Come Ya Gone / Dub Disco

most likely this. when i got mine from 3-beat in liverpool rob jay had just been down to london and came back with a box of them.
    allegedly done by bert bevans and justin berkmann (ministry dj's). rob wrote on my label politix of sound - how come ya gone.

the disco dub on the b-side was completely ripped off by these guys
    Girl Next Door, The - Salsoul Nugget (If U Wanna) . they took the b-side and stuck a vocal on it. literally.

^^^ forgot to say it's from about 1993.

nice one ivan, will try that that one then, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ivan smackhead View Post
    the disco dub on the b-side was completely ripped off by these guys Girl Next Door, The - Salsoul Nugget (If U Wanna) . they took the b-side and stuck a vocal on it. literally.
    If memory serves the original M & S version of 'Salsoul Nugget' was an instrumental, they just stuck that vocal on once it was popular to make it more appealing to the comercial market (as they do ). It's just a looped sample from Double Exposure 'Everyman', also used by Victor Siminelli for Sound Of One 'I Know A Place' in 1992. Don't think I've heard this track you mention though.

Please try my most wanted unknowns.. Vol I (Solved) Vol II Vol III

maybe ricky morrison had something to do with that ministry track. it was anonymous after all.

silly thing is noel i had 2 copies and gave one away, to someone who i later found out flogged it for pence at a car booty cos he didn't like it anymore.

that disco dub is funky as hell.

if anyone has an accapella of the everybody in the owrld tune then i would love to have it, the vocal is janis joplin i think and the coup dtat tune was massive with the likes of tenaglia back in the day

Pizzaman - Trippin On Sunshine
    PICKING UP THE PACE ONCE MORE, JUMP AROUND SKIP AROUND IF YA LIKE A LITTLE HARDCORE

Quote Originally Posted by cjcooper View Post
    if anyone has an accapella of the everybody in the owrld tune then i would love to have it, the vocal is janis joplin i think
    the version used on asha and coup d'etat is from the live version which appears on the woodstock compilation from the 70's. my brother had the tape and i couldn't believe where the vocal was from.
    i've looked on the cogs and my brothers version isn't on there (woodstock vol 1) but there is a best of woodstock cd which has it. a quick search on soulseek should sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan smackhead View Post
    the version used on asha and coup d'etat is from the live version which appears on the woodstock compilation from the 70's. my brother had the tape and i couldn't believe where the vocal was from.
    i've looked on the cogs and my brothers version isn't on there (woodstock vol 1) but there is a best of woodstock cd which has it. a quick search on soulseek should sort you out.
    cheers mate, im struggling big time with soul seek, im on a mac. idiots guide needed i think

This tune is a white label the copy I have doesn't have an artist but try Hasha as I have seen it on youtube the best version is the one at around 8.51

Thread Information