Thread: accapella or mash up ?

Default accapella or mash up ?

I'm praying that somebody knows this.
    I've heard it on a few old slipmatt tapes and also 1 by dj knuck.
    basically it's just a rap with loads and loads of scratching in it, slipmatt always played it over prodigy's your love and knuck over andy lewis's new found strength. Not sure wheather it's an accapella or mash up, all i know is the first few words- Witness the strength as i commence

Thx in Advance

Default Yep its ...

on MUSIC OF LIFE RECORDS ....on discogs it says 1990 but maybe 89.

its a london thing and is definitely... , an old friend used to play it and mix it in too much.......... HARDNOISE - UNTITLED

their second ep is a good un too

Default Thanks

Absolutely spot on, I've been hunting for this for 16 years and you solve it in 2 seconds.
    Can't thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Scratch View Post
    I'm praying that somebody knows this.
    I've heard it on a few old slipmatt tapes and also 1 by dj knuck.
    basically it's just a rap with loads and loads of scratching in it, slipmatt always played it over prodigy's your love and knuck over andy lewis's new found strength. Not sure wheather it's an accapella or mash up, all i know is the first few words- Witness the strength as i commence

Thx in Advance
    Just found this whilst wandering the net so thought I would reply I have the tape with knuck scratching hardnoise the untitled over prodigy's your love was done in the very early 90's got it from a guy in his year at our school as we all used to live on the same estate, he doesnt lay down the whole track only a couple of verses but the scratching is just awesome ! I actually also have the 12" of Hardnoise its one of the only records I didnt sell wish I could convert to digital an upload it somehow !

ive never heard slipmatt mixing the two together btw

Thread Information