Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: tune id for a wicked 1991 track, colin dale - KILLERHERTZ *SOLVED*

Well I've now found my original recording of the whole Colin Faver show from that night in '91 and it does include the beginning, and the end with voiceover. You haven't missed much, the intro is just beats. I'll get it ripped to MP3 soon and put it online.

With regards to re-recording, I've dusted off an old controller keyboard and started playing about in Reason. Compositionally its easy to re-arrange, but I haven't found the siren sample, or a good bass that sounds like the main. I'll keep hunting though and see what happens.

Chris -

someone said that the siren sound cud have been taken from a Trance Trax track, the ones on Beat Box International, Belgium label, I have a couple of m and all as mp3, gonna ave a listen tonight and see if I can get ya the sample.

If ya check Oggs ya see I posted the Shades Of Rhythm sample as wav, ready to use

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Trance Trax - First (12") at Discogs

that's the one - Fuck You is the siren one, start of the track, will make ya a wav and post it on Oggs.

Old Skool Anthemz

wow id'd at last this id has been floating around for ages

i allways said it sounded like it was a Demo dat pressure jobbie... and it was

fucking top work fellas
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Thats great. Would make sense too - I remember having some Trance Trax vinyls. Just a few more sounds to collect now

Quote Originally Posted by killerhertz View Post
    OK,
    great read mate

I stumbled across this post/story just the other day and what a read, i'm in love with the track, it's a shame it never made it to vinyl as it should be right up there with the best of em in the era.

Count me in for a copy when it's remade.

Stevee0303

Default Great Detective Work...

Well what a great piece of getting hold of summin and people chasing it up.

I had this tune on a KISS fm tape too, so it must be 18 years old ...(you know this)

Thanks for cleaning up the tape mp3
    Thanks guys for chasing this one up...
    Cheers for making it.

When i first heard the sample tune for ID ages ago when it first was put on here it took me back to my youth . there you go ...SUPERB

When me mate does an Oldskool mix on the radio i will get him to put it in

Amazing it was never put on record and thus i believe not played at the raves cos it represents the genre so well...

A CLASSIC .

Regard s wIlLuf

what a great tune and I really enjoyed reading this thread. It really sums up what tuneID is all about

Stickied this thread as it shows the determination & lengths you guys will go to to get an ID nailed & frankly this thread is proper inspirational.... full respect all round & much propz to Killerhertz for taking the time to register & tell the full tale...

Hats off to ya all

Oi Shooms in the house, ez fella, good idea for the sticky

on Oggs the story continues..

OLD SKOOL LOVERS '80 - '93 / Killerhertz - Love Byte (Strontium Mix) vs Colin Dale Kiss FM unknown

Old Skool Anthemz

Hey guys,

Have just seen this post today and enjoyed the read. I too have been searchin' all over for this one for about 18 years but just realised I'd spelt Killerhertz incorrectly in the past which is why I didn't find this thread til now. I've always thought about remaking this tune myself as it is such an uplifting piece. Good to see so many like minded people with such gr8 comments. Back in the day, I sent in a demo to Colin Dale and got it played just before the start of the last hour (Outer Limits) so I know what a buzz it is to get stuff played on the radio!

Anyway a little treat!!! I've just found the full length version I recorded on Kiss FM in 1991 when it got played as Demo DAT Pressure on the Colin Favor show. I reckon if my memory serves me correctly, it must have been about July 1991. This version has the drums at the start and finishes with Colin Favor announcing the name of the track. The quality isn't too bad and as I live in Sidcup in Kent, I used to listen to Kiss with really good stereo reception.

The best part of this tune for me are the SY22 pads. There's just so much energy in them. By the way I think the Shades of Rhythm sample is taken from the Homocide track and not the Exorcist although they both appeared on the same EP. I'd love to know where the bass sounds are from. There are 2 types of bass sounds used - the one at the start and another which comes in a bit later on in the track and has a more hardcore feel to it! It sounds a bit like the one used in DMS Exterminate. Hey Killerhertz try to rack you brain man!!

Lastly gotta say hi to Richie who created this thread. I met you at the Sunrise party a few years back. You might remember me and Ros from the chat room! Anyhow, Keep bustin them tunes boy!!

Killerhertz, you should be proud with this little beauty. It's definitely one of the most sought after, hard to find, oldskool tunes of back in the day. Congratulations

Happy listening me ol' mateys!! Love and peace from 1991. Let the bass kick! ))) ...

http://rapidshare.com/files/236524225/Killerhertz Demo DAT (full length) - Colin Favor 1991

Last edited by Dylan B; 24th May 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Dylan - nice one for this mate. It's by far the best rip so far....

Just need the man himself to get this track rebuilt!

Nice one m8!

This one still keeps us busy after all dem years

Old Skool Anthemz

Owww - and welcome onboard lad!
    Last edited by BUNKERHEADZ; 27th May 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Old Skool Anthemz

Thread Information