Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: tune id for a wicked 1991 track, colin dale - KILLERHERTZ *SOLVED*

thanks jaz
    NO ONE CAN COMPETE CUS I HEAT LIKE
    A FIREBALL !!!!

Default Killerhertz (Love Byte) - Colin Faver Demo - Repress news

Well it's been a while, but I can tell you that the track has now been redone from scratch with nearly all of the original sounds, and is very close to mastering stage. There's a few tweaks to be done here and there, and then I'll be turning it over to someone who is a bit more current to polish the final production.

I'm looking into the possibility of a vinyl release, but only if there is enough demand for it, and I need to work out the flipside, or alternative mixes of the track for good measure.

So overall good news. The track should see the light of day in one format or another fairly soon.

Excellent news killerhertz & thanks for the update. I'm sure theres a lot of people that will be interested in buying this on its release
    U know why it's a brilliant manipulation of negative space

For those not on Oggs, heres another thread dedicated to Killerhertz -

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/184137?page=3

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

sounds like an old tune by the Scientist..kind of reminds me of the exorcist on the old kickin label

Wow, excellent and proper remake. Sounds great!

Compliments.

Nice work Killerhertz - sounding great

Default Killerhertz - Love Byte (25 Years of Acid House release!!)

Well it's been around 4 or 5 years since I visited this site! (disgraceful I hear you say) but my only excuse is that other priorities seemed to have got in the way as I've got a bit older! I know Killerhertz will back me up on that one! Haha. Apologies for not responding to all the messages I got requesting copies of the Killerhertz mp3 I put up some time ago. Like I said, I haven't visited the site for ages but good to see that some kind soul eventually re-upped the copy to a site where the link is still active.

I've been kinda catching up reading the posts here and on the Oggs site and must say that it's great news that Chris finally remade the track. So where did the mystery bass sound finally came from in the end - the one that repeats throughout the track?!!

I wanted to post on Oggs but needed an invite to the group, so I posted here instead. Have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading the history behind this track and I'll always remember playing it to death on my Walkman after recording it on Kiss! Luckily I got a decent reception and therefore a pretty good recording.

So I have scrolled down to the end of the thread on here and on Oggs and am under the impression that the track will only be be released on vinyl if there is enough demand for it. What's the situation on this now? Has it been mastered yet? I'll happily buy half a dozen copies if that's any incentive to finally push it out into the public domain!!! Like you said on the other thread Chris, a 25th anniversary edition at this rate, but if we have to wait that long, we will... There are still lots of people out there that would like to see this happen and it's never too late! You have after all made one of the most sought after tunes in the history of house music! What ever happened to the Demo DAT tape you sent into Colin Favor all those years ago? It'll be worth a few quid I bet!!

Like I said in a previous post, it's a huge buzz getting your tune played on the radio. I guess most artists usually become tired of hearing their own stuff played over and over again including myself. If anyone is interested, I put out a megamix in 1991 on a white label which was played on the Abstract Dance show by Colin Dale. It's also pretty rare (plug, plug, plug!!) Here is the link:

http://www.discogs.com/Rush-FM-Metam...release/378968

Unfortunately, whoever posted this on Oggs didn't quite get the track naming correct. The 'A side' of this track was called 'Metamorphosis' and I went under the name of 'Phaze 4' along with the group I was hanging around with at the time. Just a bit of history...

Anyway, back to the Killerhertz track - wishing you the best of luck Chris in whatever you decide to do next! I'm serious when I say I'll take 6 copies, that is if you get any pressings done at all. Twenty-five years on and I still think 'KILLERHERTZ' when I'm down in Tonbridge! ;-)
    Last edited by Dylan B; 25th February 2014 at 04:28 PM.

Hi Dylan, whats yer username on Oggs and Ill get ya the OSL invite ;0)

I fixed the entry on Oggs btw, just not sure if the A & B sides are switched ..

http://www.discogs.com/Phaze-4-Metam...release/378968

Old Skool Anthemz

Hey, thanks for doing that Bunkerheadz. Almost correct, but you're right... the A and B sides need switching. It should read:

Side A - Metamorphosis
    Side B - Micro Rhythm (mix 1); Micro Rhythm (mix 2)

Yes, please invite me into the group on the Oggs site. Only joined yesterday so haven't got much of a profile yet (ha ha!) but have always had a good browse. My user name is Dylan_B. Much appreciated.

Both sorted m8

Old Skool Anthemz

I'll have a copy if it's nearing a small release :-)

Noise!

Old Skool Anthemz

Thread Information