Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: tune id for a wicked 1991 track, colin dale - KILLERHERTZ *SOLVED*

On another note... I can't remember for the life of me what the other track is being played at the end of that full length demo!! Anyone put me out of my misery please?

Hey Lee, I was just thinking the same thing mate. That's one that got nicked from my collection a few years back and I can't remember the name of the track or the artist! Sorry.

Glad everyone is enjoying the new Killerhertz rip I put up. If I had a pound for every time it got downloaded here, I'd be a rich man!! Well over 40 downloads already... Very popular! Hopefully it will give Chris even more determination to get it re-written and pressed up. Such an amazing track that deserves the highest praise! Well done Chris.
    Last edited by Dylan B; 30th May 2009 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks for putting up the track Dylan. Certainly saved me some bother trying to rip my old video tape of it

I've managed to find an SY22 disk in soundfont format, and the string/pad sound is there. Needs a bit of tweaking to make it sound just so, but it shouldn't be too hard to match.

The biggest issue (as well as having the time in my life) is the first bass/lead sound that plays throughout most of the tune. I haven't found where it came from yet, nor have I been able to recreate it as a soft-synth sound. I'm not going to do the track until I can make it all sound as close as possible as the original or it won't cut it for me - or anyone else.

I'll keep searching, but I have to be honest it isn't the biggest priority in my life - as much as I want to do it. But everyone's waited this long just to find out what it is so a while longer shouldn't matter.....

A big thank you to all of you who have contributed to solve this question, when I first heard the fist clip of it (1:20 secs) a few years ago it instanly drove me mad, even though I'm not into hardcore as I used to be 10 or 5 years ago but this tune deserves all this praise and attention!!

Hope Killerhertz finds the sources and the time to recreate it and press it just like potential badboy did with everyday child in 2006 on sublogic records!

Regards
    Jony

How's it going with finding the bassline for this tune Chris? Any luck / free time?

OrangeRider put up some Kissfm mixes on the discogs forum and I stumbled upon this in one of them, what a tune, enjoy!

OLD SKOOL LOVERS '80 - '93 / Colin Faver & Colin Dale - KISS 100 FM

killerhertz madness.mp3

Too bad you didn't release that enforcer ep as a fourtracker with these 2 tunes on it
    ---Get those new tracks out of my face and don't forget to turn up the BASS!---

WOW!

phat tuna!

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

any chance to get a decent rip of the first killerhertz tune ?

can't wait

the links dead on that last decent post. Can anyone re-up it?

Great tune, great story! This thread has made for a very interesting read. Well done to everyone involved.

Wow, There is not much else to add on this that hasn't been said before,

This truly is what us Old Skoolers are all about. Fantastic tune there Killerhertz you should be very proud.

Nice to see your putting some time into re-making this beauty, fingers X that it all comes together.

And to everyone else for all their efforts, this is what its all about, lets just hope the Catch is as good as the Chase has been.

Proper Respect!

Silky

Those Who Think "Old Skool" Is Outta Date................... Are Out Of Date!

Nice one Dylan

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

link is gone again

Well, my next suggestion would be to up it to megaupload, as they keep up the files a ridiculously long time (way longer than RS or mediafire, in any case).

are there still any rips of this uploaded anywhere??
    NO ONE CAN COMPETE CUS I HEAT LIKE
    A FIREBALL !!!!

Killerhertz - Demo Dat.mp3

Might put it on my FTP later but that's the best full rip available.

Thread Information