Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tape 2 Steve Williams @ kaos Leeds Warehouse 27th may 1991

Now searching for redemption!!
    Tape 2 1b accapella is Brighter day-Irving & Romeo
    13b sounds like a version of Spread Love by World Series of Life

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1972
    Sorry to burst your bubble and be anal but this categorically ain't Kaos 27/05/1991 Tape 2
    My copy was dubbed from an original copy that was bought from Hip, Leeds just after the event.
    For the ,erm, 2 people that may be interested. Off the top of my head the actual tape 2 27/05/1991 Steve Williams, Mike Pickering, Tony Ross
    so what order do you have them in matt ????
    this must be tape 3

the one with sined roza - i dont know what it is
    is tape 1

this is the first one tracklisted must be tape 2
    http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum...ad.php?t=53141

ps thanks to all who id'd the others

Default 13b

World series of life-Spread love

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgoodwin2000
    World series of life-Spread love
    do you happen to know what mix it is tho chris
    is it the original mix i have fogotten

Greetings Rainbow Sky,
    OK some clarification regarding KAOS 27/05/91
    1. The DJ's were Steve Williams, Mike Pickering and Tony Ross. Sasha did NOT play this event.
    2. Tape 1 is the one with Abfahrt on side 2 and Chakra/I Am on side 1
    Tape 2 is the one with Clubhouse on side1 and sined Roza on side 2 (my copy has them this way round-I think yours may be reversed)
    (Oh by the way, on tape one it's "Criminal" by Simon Sed not "wigged"-but that's just me splitting hairs)
    Tape 3 does not sound like a KAOS tape from the tracklisting I'm afraid-I went to most of the events and have various KAOS tapes from that era and the tracklisting doesn't look right but also some of the tunes seem to be from later on in 1991. For example De Melero and Berry were from early autumn at the earliest. Also, to the best of my knowledge, there were never 3 tapes per event. For example 30/04/91 there's two tapes with part 2 ending with Wareband and Raimunda Navarro which was the end of the actual event (if you get my drift). Furthermore for 3 tapes they'll have to start recording at 2130 for a 0200 finish and we were never let in until about 2200ish.
    I suspect the person with all the answers would be Tony Hannon who promoted the KAOS and SOAK (and latterly up Yer Ronson) events and has, I presume, got, or has had, copies of all the KAOS/SOAK tapes for all the evenings (some treasure trove that would be) as they used to sell 'em in Hip. Incidently, it's his voice on the Sasha 1991-1992 NYE tape and on the KAOS 18/06/91 tape, fact fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1972
    Greetings Rainbow Sky,
    OK some clarification regarding KAOS 27/05/91
    1. The DJ's were Steve Williams, Mike Pickering and Tony Ross. Sasha did NOT play this event.
    2. Tape 1 is the one with Abfahrt on side 2 and Chakra/I Am on side 1
    Tape 2 is the one with Clubhouse on side1 and sined Roza on side 2 (my copy has them this way round-I think yours may be reversed)
    (Oh by the way, on tape one it's "Criminal" by Simon Sed not "wigged"-but that's just me splitting hairs)
    Tape 3 does not sound like a KAOS tape from the tracklisting I'm afraid-I went to most of the events and have various KAOS tapes from that era and the tracklisting doesn't look right but also some of the tunes seem to be from later on in 1991. For example De Melero and Berry were from early autumn at the earliest. Also, to the best of my knowledge, there were never 3 tapes per event. For example 30/04/91 there's two tapes with part 2 ending with Wareband and Raimunda Navarro which was the end of the actual event (if you get my drift). Furthermore for 3 tapes they'll have to start recording at 2130 for a 0200 finish and we were never let in until about 2200ish.
    I suspect the person with all the answers would be Tony Hannon who promoted the KAOS and SOAK (and latterly up Yer Ronson) events and has, I presume, got, or has had, copies of all the KAOS/SOAK tapes for all the evenings (some treasure trove that would be) as they used to sell 'em in Hip. Incidently, it's his voice on the Sasha 1991-1992 NYE tape and on the KAOS 18/06/91 tape, fact fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    flipin hek i fogot about this!
    matt all my tapes are in a mess like no cases wrong cases wrong title.
    the third tape you refer to may be a sasha tape??
    iv sorted a few out in the right cases but many have no title/djname on them so sorry if i confused anybody but nobody will be more confused that me at the mo
    thanks matt anyways
    Last edited by rainbow sky; 23rd January 2006 at 04:57 PM.

Thread Information