Thread: Who were these MP3.com artist?

Default Who were these MP3.com artist?

I dunno if anyone recalls the MP3.com days before they pulled their music downloads and went to being a Napster-lite site. (BOOOO, sellouts!)

Anyway, I had a few favorite artist I downloaded a number of their free tracks which saddly were lost to a hard drive crash shortly after MP3.com took their site down. Now i'm looking for them again but I dont even know that these artist used their real names on the site, or if perhaps they are just very unheard of or what. Anyway, I recall one went by *Plane* and had some unique trance beats, another was 063 or perhaps (063) or some variation of that. The last was 7.1 which I understand is a Russian artist. Their are a few other various tracks from other artist that were popular there i'm still missing but the most popular MP3.com groups are easily found on their own websites or places like soundclick.com as free downloads still, though I havent been able to find sites for these other groups yet at all.

Does anyone know of any alter-names, websites, blogs of some sort of anything else for the above artists? Perhaps someone has a few of the old MP3.com freebie tracks in their libary still they might check for a site link or something? Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

The one with the plane could be Armand Van Helden - Fly Away Love http://www.discogs.com/release/56328

or if it has a vocal in it and it's a more commercial track http://www.discogs.com/release/130745

Not really any vocals, just some sampled voices in a few tracks that I recall. Here are two tracks I still have sampled down to about the first 1 min. A lot of the work done by Plane was fairly D&B type like this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information