Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late 93 Ark tunes (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Konspiracy
    Cant say I knew him personally but I probably did hear him. TBH I never knew who DJ'd there

I moved to Leeds Sept 92 for University, and I went to the Fav all the time, it was a great boozer. Fridays and Saturdays nearly always used to start there for a few then off to the Music Factory for Up Yer Ronson / Basics

From what I remember the music policy was very Park / Hacienda style, and Ive got the tune you are on about. I remember reading somewhere that it was by the bloke who DJ'd at the Fav. Its a good tune

It must have been Stuart you heard as he was the main resident there from 1992-1997 - Superb! - they put Danny Tenaglia on there with Kiwi Dreams on a Tribal UK tour in about 1993, and Morales played there too.
    Thats where I learnt so much about Quality house music - I have some of Stuartts mix tapes from the Faversham and I will put them to mp3 soon.

Other Big records that were played by Stuart;

Tenaglia mix of Voodoo Ray
    The Beloved - 'Deliver Me'
    Waterlillies - Tempted
    Liberty City - Some Lovin..loads of Murk
    Ralph Falcon's - That Sound
    Angel Moraes - The Cure
    The Grid - Boom
    Telltyme - D.S. Groove
    Karnak - Calypso Breakdown
    Asylum - Down By The River
    Soul Familia - Tus Manos

+ nice warm up stuff latino style Jo Claussell etc...

I miss that place...he lost his resedency mainly due to rise in Hip Hop - NASTY!

Also Stu is a really genuine nice guy unlike some of the freaks that worked behind the counter at Eastern Bloc!...

NICE!

Goat

Default End of night at the Faversham...:)

The just near the end of Stuart's set he'd play this.........always made me dance like a drunken horse!...and messed with my cheese-box!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...1CD21F15BDA411

Thread Information