Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what mixer do ya use...

Quote Originally Posted by bucky

I would really like a RANE MP 2016 with a RANE XP 2016

LOL - my best mate is borrowing both of these at the moment and Bucky .... they are the shit

The EQ's are incredible and the the rotary knobs are sooooooo nice to mix with - the way the 2 tunes come together in the mix is amazing

Default heres my mixer

Never let me down yet!

Default mixer

i got the mixer from monroes after we got another put in there lolthen the place was burnt down by some tit..still a good mixer .
    ps
    i use to make allen +heath mixers ,all the zone range nowt can touch em really top drawer mixers for small ££££.
    the pleasuredrome was a damm fine place to bop.

I started off with one from Tandy that my brother gave me lol.

Then around 92/93 I got a Vestax PMC 15SL - which was great at the time (still got it).

00/01 ish, I bought a Gemini PS-646 PRO which is what I use today. The crossfaders have been crap though (crackly and stiff), but my new one is super slick.

I've been looking at new mixers for the past couple of weeks though - I need a new good quality 3/4 channel mixer, with loads of input/output sockets and not too expensive. I've been looking at the Numark DXM09 - which is 24 bit and uses a digital xfader. Not sure what the difference is between an analogue and digital xfader though, so i'll have to look into that

ime gonna buy the behringer vmx200, does anyone know what its like?

Quote Originally Posted by sy69
    i have a pioneer djm 600 and its a very nice mixer
    Same 'ere...was a big pay out for us but well worth it.

Use the effects quite a bit an even use the sampler a bit on occasions.

I use the Vestax PCV-275, it the first propor mixer ive ever had (apart from studio mixers) and i love it to bits.

-Zoom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcv275_1.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	13495  

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglo
    I've been looking at the Numark DXM09 - which is 24 bit and uses a digital xfader. Not sure what the difference is between an analogue and digital xfader though, so i'll have to look into that
    This is what I got a couple of months ago (after waiting for what seemed like a lifetime for the UK release!!). In my opinion its the mutts nuts!!

The effects are as good as on any top of the range mixer at a fraction of the price. the adjustable crossfader slope was a big sellin point for me too.

And yeah, I started out with a Tandy one too, made by Realistic. Didn't even have a crossfader, just 4 or 5 channels I think.

I had a Don 2 from Intimidation,when it was right it was spot on,but it needed servicing every 6 months,bought it from Soundivision in London just after i was released.
    Replaced last year with the Pioneer Djm400,mate had the first version,which was rock solid,and great sound quality,do like the old 600 pioneer,but there are so many buttons and switches

Xone 4D, its spot on

PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY TO ME "YOU BUY VINYL ? I THOUGHT THEY'D STOPPED MAKING IT !"

ALL MCs SHOULD BE SHOT !!!!!

vestax 07 pro up until last year!

Thread Information