Thread: Not gonna be easy to describe but here goes..

Default Not gonna be easy to describe but here goes..

Not sure of year or anything really regarding this track as the tape it's on goes from some sound as feck beasts then all of a sudden stu allen comes in with artemesia.

Anyway, the track starts off really slow with no actual beat. Has samples left right and centre, probably the most recognisable one is a woman screamin, 'what, are you on drugs'
    Then it starts with no bass or drums just synth lines and i think weather samples (rain, wind etc etc.) Then a vocal comes in of;
    'free, i am free'. This is repeated a fare few times with the odd up and down screech kinda sample then it breaks and another male vocal comes in which is almost like he's whispering it sayin;
    'open your mind, let it flow, don't be afriad, it's time to go.'

Then the whole free vocal kicks in along with a breakbeat beat stylee thing.

Long shot i know, will try and get a sample whenever i get round to sortin the comp at home.

Cheers.

Sounds like one of the many versions of Morgan King - I am free.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck in Aahz
    Sounds like one of the many versions of Morgan King - I am free.
    you wouldn't have any samples would ya??

cheers

As is often the case there is one at Hard to Find here. Had completely forgotten about this record, so I'm not sure whether it is the one you want or not.

Argh, no edit button. That was supposed to say there is a sample at Hard to Find.

Quote Originally Posted by marchwiel
    Argh, no edit button. That was supposed to say there is a sample at Hard to Find.
    Cheers bud.

At a guess, i'd say it was the Original Full Length La Serena Mix on http://www.discogs.com/release/34548, although i could be wrong as I am sure that one does not have a "woman screamin, 'what, are you on drugs'." It has pretty much everything else you say in it though.

I'll post a snippit of it up over the next few days when I get the chance.

Just wanna say cheers to you all again.

Didn't think i'd get this off my description.

Listened to the HTFR sample and the mix i'm after sounds very similar to this one
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR81491

Cheers again.

You've probably got enough to go on but I said I would post a cut of the "I Am Free (Original Full Length La Serena Mix)" so here it is (from about 2 1/2 minutes in as it is all just build up previous to the sample).

Hope it helps.

...and seeing as i've been mp3'ing the whole record, I may as well post a snippit from another mix on the same release: The Leftfield Dub Mix.
    Only reason for doing this is because the riff is an absolute monster.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information