Thread: Transformer 2 : Pacific Symphony

Default Transformer 2 : Pacific Symphony

Hiya,

I have the above track on an old mix tape but never actually managed to buy the 12". The mix on the tape is what I would like to identify. I will describe it....It's the mix with the "operatic" style female vocal on it...all the whistles...and then the clear piano breakdown. Anyone know what mix that is? There are so many! Or is it Pacific Symphony Too? Any info?

There are samples of Pacific Symphony and Pacific Symphony Too at The Disc website here (needless to say you need to put in transformer into the search box). From your description I think you want Pacific Symphony.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Glam
    Hiya,

I have the above track on an old mix tape but never actually managed to buy the 12". The mix on the tape is what I would like to identify. I will describe it....It's the mix with the "operatic" style female vocal on it...all the whistles...and then the clear piano breakdown. Anyone know what mix that is? There are so many! Or is it Pacific Symphony Too? Any info?

The copy i have on Round & Round Records sounds like the mix you're describing above.

There's only one mix of it on the release i have. And its just Pacific Symphony. Not Pacific Symphony 2. B Side is Whistle Tune

Fran

Hi Guys,

thanks so much for the replies. It is the one on Round and Round records that I want! I listened to the clip on The Disc. Than you both! Agh... TUNE!

from your description it sounds like you want the 'italian latino' mix which was also on profile (the one vertigo plays on 'better days' if that helps) ..... i'm sure ive had pretty much every mix of this over the past few years, with two different records on profile, and two other white labels with purple stamping which had a mix or two on each side ....

i'll try and dig em out at some point if need be .....

I found the DFC mix of this to be the best mix of this by far, has the "love, Love, Love" vocal same as in Marine boy - Fluid - Om recs.

Default DFC mix???

Anto H I think you have identified the tune I am after that I have on an old tape, does that tune have the " love, love, love! sample and then kick into a dominator style bassline with rave horns??? It breaks down into a crackin piano line with a vocal " I need ya, all me!!! or something like this.

Its the same style of a tune to Transformer 2 : Pacific Symphony.

Is it the tune you have mentioned in your post reply?
    Cheerz koolherc

The DFC one i was on about is the "DJ Ricci & DFC Remix"
    http://www.discogs.com/release/70634

There's a lot of old tunes that use the "love, love, love" sample, on the Marine Boy - Fluid release there are 4 mixes one that Sasha used to cain the 108grand mix i think, i only listen to one of the other mixes on it so the one you are talking about well might be on it, mabey someone else that has it can confirm for you. Anyway it's a crackin tune and well worth gettin eitherway
    http://www.discogs.com/release/192565
    also check this one out along the same style as the transformer 2 tune
    http://www.discogs.com/release/302257

Thread Information