Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farley - WBMX 1980's

Default Farley - WBMX 1980's

From a couple of WBMX sets.

I thought 'Farley Farley' was off Funkin With The Drums, but its not that one and I'm sure I've got the 'Its House...' one too...

All help appreciated.

Mart

go through the history of house box set for bleeps,,,,, i'm sure it's a different mix of one of the tunes on there...same strings

ps soz to have you searching through a box set lol but i deffo got it somewhere and think its on that

1st one is... Billy Frazier and Friends 'Billy Who?'

Last one has the same bassline as Jesse Saunders 'On & On', which is unofficially the first ever house tune i think, from '83. The "ok party people in the house" vocal is sampled from Doug E Fresh 'The Show' isnt it?

There's a nice re-edit of Billy Who on the ever quality Moton label - close to the original and sounds nice. Use that with the original looped on the CDJ and it's the bomb.

More information here

MP3 clip here

Roy Davis Jnr & Jay Juniel sampled it on Men From the Nile and that track just rolls using that bassline.

Nice one Noel - cheers...

I'll check out that re-edit Bucky deffo..

Right only the 26 sides of History Of House to go thru now... j/k . I'm sure it was familiar, I'll check it out...

Mart

"Iīts House" is "Mirage Featuring Chip E. - Jack Trax EP / Itīs House" on Gotta Dance Records (CHIP 001) that came out in 1985. It later saw a rerelease on DJ Intīl that featured different versions in poorer sound quality.
    btw: Farley acted as Executive Producer here...

Quote Originally Posted by nightbear
    "Iīts House" is "Mirage Featuring Chip E. - Jack Trax EP / Itīs House" on Gotta Dance Records (CHIP 001) that came out in 1985. It later saw a rerelease on DJ Intīl that featured different versions in poorer sound quality.
    btw: Farley acted as Executive Producer here...
    Superb...

I knew it was familiar. Its rare one on Gotta Dance I think aswell.

Top spot nightbear, cheers!

Mart

The gotta dance one is really rare indeed - chances coming across a copy today are very very small.
    As for the "Farley Farley" track - itīs "Farley Funkin Keith - Jackin The Bass" on Farleyīs own HOUSE records label (cat# FFK846-6273).
    This one came out way before the one on Trax...
    All these are TRUE Chitown classics - rough & radical!

I never knew that "Funkin With The Drums Again" was a sequel (if u like) to another Funkin With The Drums release... I'm deffo going to check out that one on House if I can as I've always loved the Trax one.

Excellent - thanks for naming these tunes so far and a warm welcome to the board nightbear - great to have another person on who's into old Chicago...

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by grover
    ps soz to have you searching through a box set lol but i deffo got it somewhere and think its on that
    No joy Mick - checked all thru it and its not on that one...

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by Noel

Last one has the same bassline as Jesse Saunders 'On & On', which is unofficially the first ever house tune i think, from '83. The "ok party people in the house" vocal is sampled from Doug E Fresh 'The Show' isnt it?

Thanks to Chiz on discogs, this is Mach - 'On & On'. On the listing there's a nice bit of history into the tune which I thought was interesting...

"This record is the one that Jesse Saunders used for years in the early 80's for his DJ sets. As fate would have it, Jesse's copy was stolen one night and he decided he would recreate the track himself and press it up. It was "On and On" by "Jesse Saunders" on his label "Jes Say" records. The 1st ever house track to be pressed!! Although I love both versions... I do prefer Mach's Version"

Mart

Knowledge is the bomb!

Ive got the original On & On thing that Jesse recreated and that is it above - but i'm 99% sure the Doug E Fresh sample isn't on it - i think thats been cut in

Quote Originally Posted by lastnightadj
    Ive got the original On & On thing that Jesse recreated and that is it above - but i'm 99% sure the Doug E Fresh sample isn't on it - i think thats been cut in
    Yeah, i thought it sounded like that sample was being cut in by the DJ.

Thread Information