Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you help with these tunes, its my first post!

Default Can you help with these tunes, its my first post!

My first post so be gentle lol!

Ive managed to identify most tunes but there are 2 or 3 that still elude me and drive me nuts as id love to hunt them down:

First one is on a lot of Sasha's old mixes, around 91-92 i suppose - its got a woman singing "Weve got a love, away away away-oooooohhh" chorus - with a uplifting piano in the background

Second one is on an old Ramos tape from around 93 and a few have said that it could be a Krome & Time white or unreleased - its one of the best piano rifts youve heard in the breakdown and its got a male rapper kind of voice singing "Drummers are back, Drummers are back - Do what you feel" or similar - it really is one of those underplayed, hear it once love it forever hardcore tunes

Last one for the mo was played by Ellis Dee alot in 93-94 - usually start his set off - its an atmospheric DJ SY kind of tune with a whining synth noise that breaks down to a well known piano with the female vocals "Give it to me baby" - again seems very very rare

Thanks for reading, glad I found this forum - will visit often and help others out as much as i can

First tune is Floor Federation - Music for the Masses - found it on htfr but not the mix with the woman vocal, anyone know of it?

welcome mate, err not too sure on the Ramos tune but I can get back to you about the Ellisdee track, it's actually one of those kinda, no artist just like a 'piano tunes volume 1' sorta release.......I can't for the life of me remember what it is, I'll have a look this weekend for ya.

First check out the post below yours Track 25, it isnt Music For the Masses apparently, but does contain the vocals you describe.

I ID'd floor Federation - Music for the Masses for somebody a while back, it's on One Off Recordings and released in 2 separate 12"s,
    Part 1 here...http://www.discogs.com/release/83590
    & Part 2 here... http://www.discogs.com/release/157208

I have both and would humbly say that Part 2 with Rad Rice & Mr Monday remixes kicks ass over Part 1, although there is only the portion of the vocal which says "Weeee've........" on those mixes; the rest of it.. "got a love" is not there.
    From memory none of the mixes have that vocal, which leads me to think it may be Track 25 from the Graham Parke post below yours that you want.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin91
    First check out the post below yours Track 25, it isnt Music For the Masses apparently, but does contain the vocals you describe.

I ID'd floor Federation - Music for the Masses for somebody a while back, it's on One Off Recordings and released in 2 separate 12"s,
    Part 1 here...http://www.discogs.com/release/83590
    & Part 2 here... http://www.discogs.com/release/157208

I have both and would humbly say that Part 2 with Rad Rice & Mr Monday remixes kicks ass over Part 1, although there is only the portion of the vocal which says "Weeee've........" on those mixes; the rest of it.. "got a love" is not there.
    From memory none of the mixes have that vocal, which leads me to think it may be Track 25 from the Graham Parke post below yours that you want.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks peeps for the replies.

Youre spot on Martin - its the music for masses with the vocal of graeme park track 25 layered over the top - maybe it was just sasha mixing over an accapella - who knows? still be after it though - nice one for the id

Quote Originally Posted by Bombscare
    maybe it was just sasha mixing over an accapella - who knows? still be after it though - nice one for the id
    Attached is a mix of Floor Federation 'Music For the Masses' with the full First Choice "Weve got a love, away away away-oooooohhh" sample bit in. It's from Sasha - One Love, Lakota & i'm pretty sure that the sample is part of the tune and not Sasha mixing it in, Have a listen...
    Attached Files Attached Files

definately the same tune it's part 1 you want..

Quote Originally Posted by Noel
    Attached is a mix of Floor Federation 'Music For the Masses' with the full First Choice "Weve got a love, away away away-oooooohhh" sample bit in. It's from Sasha - One Love, Lakota & i'm pretty sure that the sample is part of the tune and not Sasha mixing it in, Have a listen...
    Thats the TUNE!!!!! So are we all in saying that the tune is Floor Federation ' Music For The Masses' Part 1 then???

that ellis dee tune could be the one on norty but nice called (wierdly enough) give it to me baby although that came out in about 95 and I think was written by ellis dee

I must say that after hearing the sample Noel put up i quite like that mix...never paid much attention to it, glad you workied it out for sure mate

yep the Ellisdee tune is naughty but nice volume 2, checked this weekend.
    I have it on tapes from 94.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    yep the Ellisdee tune is naughty but nice volume 2, checked this weekend.
    I have it on tapes from 94.
    Cheers Gav - any idea where I could get this from? Havent shopped for a hardcore tune for a long while

dunno if this is the one, might be worth calling and finding out, hope you strike lucky!

www9.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML613891034

The second one sounds alot like Higher Level-Everybody Can Be on Zodiac records Produced by krome and time

Quote Originally Posted by Bombscare
    Thats the TUNE!!!!! So are we all in saying that the tune is Floor Federation ' Music For The Masses' Part 1 then???

it's the original mix from part 1 matey - on 'one off recordings' 1992, cat no FOFF003

Future Set's:
    Good Times - Web Site Launch Night, Hudds - 15th Jan
    Tsunami Charity Event - Font Bar, Manchester, Thurs 20th Jan
    www.piraterevival.co.uk (Live Every Thursday 8pm - 10pm)
    www.unityradio.co.uk (Live Every 2nd Monday 8pm - 10pm)

Thread Information