Thread: Tune ID

Default Tune ID

Can anyone help !!! This tune has been buggin me for ages. I'm after a tune id from about 14 years ago so I wont hold my breath.

Anyway, i recall the record sleeve hada sticker with a face on it and the word BYTE, the record started off with the words "wee" said to a tune. Wee Wee We We We Wee, (that wont make any sense at all) before going into a rap, the rap had something about a knockout punch or some refrence to boxing. The beats came in later so was excellent for mixing over the top of tunes. I remember I used to mix it into the quadrant park mix of Bizarre Inc - Playing With Knives, before it hit the charts, so that give you a rough timespan.

I know its a long time ago and the info on the record sleeve could be well iffy,, i'm getting old and the memory is not what it oused to be. I think of this record every time i hear "Blow Ya Mind" so there maybe a connection there but maybe not.

I'd be well chuffed if i got an answer.
    xxx Bib xxx
    Funky, Fresh & In The Flesh

Could be Soundsource - Take me up (Illegal mixes) Btech records

(please ignore the crackles as my copy is well battered).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuck me, what a result, cheers. It's not the same mix but it's the same record for sure. Now i know why i think of it when i here Blow Ya Mind. I'm not going mad after all.

Thanks Pauly P, you know your tunes.
    xxx Bib xxx
    Funky, Fresh & In The Flesh

Thread Information