Thread: Ricky's 1989

Default Ricky's 1989

Ressurected the last unknown from the Sasha set...

http://www.anthems.com/board/download.php?id=3422

Please help!

Also - does anyone actually have an original copy of this set because...

Is it deffo from Feb 1989?

and

The 'gap' in the mix on side a before Jackstreet Inc & Nexus 21 - is that actually a 'gap' and if so does anyone have the missing bit or is it that side b should actually start with Jackstreet & then Nexus 21 and its just been recorded onto the end of side a????

Cheers!

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by mart
    Is it deffo from Feb 1989?
    I'm always sceptical when someone sticks an 89 date on a Sasha mix. The bloke was pretty much a complete unknown then. His first stint at regular DJ'ing only came in Feb 90! To be remembered, at the time, for a gig as far back as Feb 89 is especially dubious. You never know it could be the case, but I'm doubtful though.

Don't know the tune unfortunately Mart.

Cheers for the info Jonno

Not had this set long, prolly a year, and always been sceptical about the date etc. Maybe isn't even Sasha - who knows. Good tunes tho whoever it is!

Anyone any info on Ricky's as a club/venue too???

Mart

Maybe isn't even Sasha - who knows. Good tunes tho whoever it is!
    That's surely gotta be the most likely explanation.

Anyone any info on Ricky's as a club/venue too???
    Ricky's was the venue where the Kaos night's were on of a Wed and Sat. I think anyway, never went myself. One of the Yorkshire folk will probably know more.

Do you wanna know that track or just argueing the fact when Sacha begun to spin

Anyway that track is MK - Mirror, Mirror on Kool Kat / KMS '90

Quote Originally Posted by BUNKERHEADZ
    lol - it was getting a little side tracked wasn't it

lol, getting even more sidetracked I think Rickys was the old Pleasure Rooms before it got a refit, where Basics moved to early 90s after the Music Factory shut..

Monday nights at Rickys were the highlight of my student week. 4 pound in and 10p a pint..aaah them were the days

The Kaos dos were at the Warehouse if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Konspiracy
    The Kaos dos were at the Warehouse if I remember correctly
    Kaos was monthly at the Warehouse but still Wed + Sat at Ricky's.

Quality id'ing btw Bunkerheadz

Aye, bit before my time in Leeds, didnt move over there till 92

If its the same place there used to be a balcony where people would chuck pints onto other peoples heads. Wouldntve thought that would happen on a Kaos night

Top Iding pretty sure its a full tracklisting for this set now. Did this ever get a full release Bunker?? Its deffo on the Techno 2 comp innit

/edit thought I had this, its on the B side of MKs Somebody New release on KMS if anyones interested..

Rickys was basically the gallery (gallery upstairs and Rickys downstairs), All of it became the Gallery in 1992 and then a few years later became the pleasure rooms after Back to basics moved from The Music factory. But now its heaven and hell (how shit ).

Used to go to kaos at the warehouse on Tuesday nights then get tapes of the night labelled up as kaos at Rickys as they sold better in shops like Occi and other clothes. Never went to a Kaos at rickys but they did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pauly p
    Rickys was basically the gallery (gallery upstairs and Rickys downstairs), All of it became the Gallery in 1992 and then a few years later became the pleasure rooms after Back to basics moved from The Music factory. But now its heaven and hell (how shit ).
    Nice 1 Pauly - so that's 'Rickys' - that place up the shopping arcadey bit (I think... ). Anyways - cheers for the info.

Lol! Er...Yes please, sorry....

Top id there Bunkers m8, been outstanding for a while this one - good work fella! Noel will be chuffed too I'm sure. Yep, we have now a complete tracklist for this set.

Re: Sasha - to be honest I think its pretty important. It annoys the pants off me that Vertigo mixes are passed off as Sasha etc. etc (old argument). No disrespect to the man like, but I'd be well fecked off if this good set of tunage/mixing was me and it only got recognition on the back of someone else.

Plus I'm anal and hate reaching for the tippex every five minutes to change mix details...

SOOOO - would still like to know if the gap is a 'gap' or the start of side 2 and if it is (or is not) Sasha/1989/Ricky's blah blah blah blah...

Mart

Nice 1 Bunker good spottin that ....now we know what that chic is wailing... "mee-ror, mee-ror"

Did up yer ronson used to be at this venue aswell... about 94ish? If so had a top nite there at a ronsons bday party... rampling & marshall think it was was... both were fookin brilliant!

On the is it Sasha, is it Ricky's debate... remember some1 on anthems saying that Sasha deffo used to play at Ricky's, poss where he started.. so it is possible.

Thread Information