Thread: Deep house track IDs from early 90s...

Default Deep house track IDs from early 90s...

When I posted up my first lot of track IDs I did very well with the help of knowledgeable people, both here and on a couple of other bulletin boards & the staff at Reckless Records in Islington, London.

Out of a total of 59 IDs, I got 37 sucessfully identified, so thanks again to everyone who took the time to download and listen to them.

As I've got this new webspace sorted, I've recorded them again in mp3 at a 60kbps rate in mono; file sizes are between 450-550KB. (They're not streaming, so right-click and save target as.)As there were so many last time, I wouldn't have been surprised if you lost interest but here are the remaining ones.

LTJ_A1
    LTJ_A8
    LTJ_A13
    LTJ_B6
    LTJ_B12
    All the above are from this (supposedly) LTJ Bukem mix tape I've had since '91, been one of my favourite ever mixes, and I've mailed quite a few copies out to Oggers.

SR_1A6
    SR_2B9 Roger S prod.on soundshaft???
    SR_4A8
    SR_4A11
    SR_5A3
    SR_6A11 Early Tenaglia track with Peter Daou on keyboards???
    SR_6B11 Someone said it could be a Smack Records release??? I know one other Ogger whose hangin' for me to get this ID'ed!
    SR_7A5 A Tony Humphries or Frankie Foncett production???
    SR_7B1 Marshall Jefferson/Umosia???
    SR_8A7 Something by an artist called R.E. on Clubhouse Records???
    SR_10A4
    SR_10A5 A house remix of Steve Arrington 'Dancin In The Key Of Life' but can't found out any more info.
    SR_11B11
    SR_13A3
    SR_13A5
    All above are off mix tapes by a local DJ in Essex called Steve Reynolds.

RS_3
    RS_4
    Both off a Roger Sanchez mixtape, recorded live in NYC sometime in '92.

Thanks for any light that can be shed on these.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkychukkles
    When I posted up my first lot of track IDs I did very well with the help of knowledgeable people, both here and on a couple of other bulletin boards & the staff at Reckless Records in Islington, London.

Out of a total of 59 IDs, I got 37 sucessfully identified, so thanks again to everyone who took the time to download and listen to them.

As I've got this new webspace sorted, I've recorded them again in mp3 at a 60kbps rate in mono; file sizes are between 450-550KB. (They're not streaming, so right-click and save target as.)As there were so many last time, I wouldn't have been surprised if you lost interest but here are the remaining ones.

LTJ_A1
    LTJ_A8
    LTJ_A13
    LTJ_B6
    LTJ_B12
    All the above are from this (supposedly) LTJ Bukem mix tape I've had since '91, been one of my favourite ever mixes, and I've mailed quite a few copies out to Oggers.

SR_1A6
    SR_2B9 Roger S prod.on soundshaft???
    SR_4A8
    SR_4A11
    SR_5A3
    SR_6A11 Early Tenaglia track with Peter Daou on keyboards???
    SR_6B11 Someone said it could be a Smack Records release??? I know one other Ogger whose hangin' for me to get this ID'ed!
    SR_7A5 A Tony Humphries or Frankie Foncett production???
    SR_7B1 Marshall Jefferson/Umosia???
    SR_8A7 Something by an artist called R.E. on Clubhouse Records???
    SR_10A4
    SR_10A5 A house remix of Steve Arrington 'Dancin In The Key Of Life' but can't found out any more info.
    SR_11B11
    SR_13A3
    SR_13A5
    All above are off mix tapes by a local DJ in Essex called Steve Reynolds.

RS_3
    RS_4
    Both off a Roger Sanchez mixtape, recorded live in NYC sometime in '92.

Thanks for any light that can be shed on these.
    just a thought,maybe sr_13a5 is a farlly and heller mix of something?

thanks for listening....the quest goes on!

hi there niiiice selection of tracks that brought me back to 1992 !!! i like most of them !
    so, SR7B1 is Underground Repairs (stay in the life) the Roy Davis mix on Other Side records (U were very close by saying Umosia/M.Jefferson!)
    SR7A5 could well be a dub/remix of Mr Fingers(what about this love)
    SR11B11 sounds very much like a Todd Terry prod. circa '92 !

let us know when u find some more

cheers Qpchan!
    Another one bites the dust!

I've got Mr.Fingers 'What About This Love' though (as on my mix that I posted up) and it's not SR_7A5 though, but thanks for listening.

SR_1A6 has been ID'ed as D'Bora "Love Desire" (Maurice's mix) on another board. Thanks again to anyone listening in.

sorry I apologise Qpchan, SR_7A5 is in fact Mr.Fingers 'What About This Love' but the '92 Masters At Work remixes.

Thread Information