Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sasha Nov 1993/vertigo 'candytime' Ids Needed

Result!!! - found out what 2 of the tracks from this cracker mix are.

Spoke to a DJ (Glen Molloy) who used to play the 'Bill & Ted' track - he told me it was produced by Chad Jackson.
    Bit of detective work later - found Chad's email address online, and he confirmed that it is in fact his tune, namely:

The Popular People's Front Of Judea - 'Excellent' (Immigration)

and from looking on Discogs, the last track on side 2 is also obviously the flipside:

The Popular People's Front Of Judea - '(Come On Baby) Let It Burn' (Immigration)

Happy days!! Been waiting a while for that.

3 ID's in a couple of days. Now for the rest - any takers??

Bump - anyone spot any more of these???

Thanks for listening!

Default 2 More Identified!!!

Just found out 2 more of the tracks from this awesome mix!! Tracks 5 & 7 on Part 1, are:
    Pagany - Du-Un Dada (Inside) and Pagany - I'm Coming (Inside) respectively - both found on the Dance Authority EP Vol. 1.
    Courtesy of mart - thanks a million man!

Only 3 more to go - can anyone spot these last few???

Come on.................

Default Been a while - anyone spot the remaining 3??

Been a while since this was bumped - can anyone help with the last 3 on this awesome mix.
    To be honest never thought I would get this far, so there's hope yet!

Anyone help here with these unknowns??? Awesome mix!

Anyone help here? Only a few left..............

Default Anyone?

Anyone spot these remaining 3 tunes on page 1? Gotta keep bumpin' these! The remaining 3 are some of the best tunes on the entire mix coincidentally.

Classic early progressive. Someone will get these eventually..............

Hi m8 - sorry not tracked down any more of these for you, but I have located an original copy of the Vertigo tape this is snatched from.

Its called 'La Morita' and its from September '93....

Mart

Interesting one Mart. That's one more title it's gone under. There's about 6 or 7 monikers for that mix now.
    Guess it's testament to it's popularity and uniqueness that it's been known and appreciated under so many guises.

Easily the best house mix I've ever encountered, especially for fans of early Sasha/progressive.

Anyone who hasn't heard it should check it out on Soulseek - alot of people have it there now..........

Quote Originally Posted by psychosamba
    Interesting one Mart. That's one more title it's gone under. There's about 6 or 7 monikers for that mix now.
    Guess it's testament to it's popularity and uniqueness that it's been known and appreciated under so many guises.

Easily the best house mix I've ever encountered, especially for fans of early Sasha/progressive.

Anyone who hasn't heard it should check it out on Soulseek - alot of people have it there now..........
    I'm going to get on me soapbox here . This is not aimed at u Psycho m8.

No doubt this is a superb mix. Its inspired me to go out and find some of the wicked tunes that are on it, but personally I think its a shame it goes under different names/guises. Too often Vertigo mixes get mislabelled and misrepresented in this way. Sasha never did this mix, Vertigo did.

I posted my finding above because I think its important that people who have this mix know its true author/name/date etc.

I hope that the many people who've d/loaded it, bought it off ebay (and yes it was on there last week as a cdr of "Sasha Candytime"... ) or anyone else for that matter knows that fact, cause quite simply imho its nothing but a testament to the amazing talent that is DJ Vertigo....

Mart

Don't worry Mart - I know really this is Vertigo's work. Sasha didn't play this exact style then - it was more led by renaissance classics at that stage.

If I've given the impression that it was a mix of Sasha's - especially in earlier posts - my bad!

It definitely is Vertigo - Sasha's stuff round that time comes frankly no where close to this......................

Quote Originally Posted by psychosamba
    Don't worry Mart - I know really this is Vertigo's work. Sasha didn't play this exact style then - it was more led by renaissance classics at that stage.

If I've given the impression that it was a mix of Sasha's - especially in earlier posts - my bad!

It definitely is Vertigo - Sasha's stuff round that time comes frankly no where close to this......................
    Sorry m8, my rant deffo wasn't in reply to you at all. I'm prolly just going over old ground here but I've seen a few arguments re: Vertigo/Sasha etc. and believe it or not some people still refuse to accept that Vertigo did many of these fab 'mislabelled' mixes.

Anyways, rant over and apologies for hijacking your thread - still need to nail some of these unknowns...

Mart

did anybody get excited for a min?? thinking something had been ID,D no luck soz

just a bit of info, ive been told that this mix is infact called --

DJ Vertigo - La Morita, Sept 93

its one of the grin tapes collection

i dont think this has been mentioned yet about this mix

time to scrub out the name and re-write it in again, ive changed the name of this mix about 5 different times i think
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm
    over 250 solved

oops just read the thread again and it seems mart has already said

oh well im with mart about the name,

ill read the thread properly next time
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm
    over 250 solved

Default Back Again! - Anyone Help With Last Few???

Been a while - anyone spot the remaining 3??

Been a while since this was bumped - can anyone help with the last 3 on this awesome mix.
    To be honest never thought I would get this far, so there's hope yet!

Thread Information