Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ron Hardy - Muzik Box '86

Originally posted by Noel
    Nice one Mart. I've got Patti LaBelle 'Get Ready' (Lookin' For Love) q'd on slsk, so hopefully it's that.....
    It is indeed Patti LaBelle 'Get Ready (Lookin' For Love)'.

Anyone happen to know which mix this is as it's not the album version i've downloaded?

I knew I had this tune, but I couldn't find it!

This is Ron Hardy's own remix of 'Get Ready'. It's full title is

Patti LaBelle - Get ready (looking for love) (Back to the Music Box edit)

I don't think you've got a chance of getting the 12" of this BUT you can get it on this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...736503-6154834

Originally posted by Mr-Monday

Thats the fella...! Nice 1 people!

Mart

Originally posted by Mr-Monday

I don't think you've got a chance of getting the 12" of this BUT you can get it on this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...736503-6154834
    Nice 1 Mr M.

Don't know about the "Jack the groove" bassline track, but this definitely is NOT Vaughan Mason's (or Raze's) "Bounce Skate'n'roll" from around '79/80 which I have on record.

Default Track19

Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    Don't know about the "Jack the groove" bassline track, but this definitely is NOT Vaughan Mason's (or Raze's) "Bounce Skate'n'roll" from around '79/80 which I have on record.
    Mr-Monday got this one earlier in the thread, it's...

Bra 'Cymande' (Danny Krivit re-edit)

Dont know if someone's pointed this out yet Noel, but anyone looking into Ron Hardy IDs should start here. And dont forget, Ron did lots of brilliant re-edits on reel-to-reel that were never released so U will not be able to get most of them. This is how house started, looping the best bits of disco records on tape, before beats etc. were added

M8 that's fecking brilliant... tracklists 4 the Ron Hardy sets on the Deep House Pages!
    Manged to get id's on 2 of my most wanteds from another set... Powerline 'Journey' & the Walter Gibbons Mix of First Choice 'Let No Man Put Asunder' (Tony Huphries plyd it on radio 1 in the l8 90's & said it was a Frankie Knuckles mix.... always wondered why i coudn't find it!!!)

Some other good info on there too...

Great site I hadn't come accross b4... thanx 4 pointing me in it's direction

Yup, both these tracks are superb Think Powerline may have been British on the original (Champagne?), but has had a nice re-release on Wave I believe. I think the version of Asunder Ronnie usually played is his own edit of the Gibbons mix, but I could be wrong (again). One of his best, what a classic track. I've really been digging mix 1050 recently....check it out

Yeah i've had a couple of listens of that 1050 b4

The tunes on this post are from mix 318 & the tunes I've just id'd are from mix 953 ...2 of my fave Hardy sets

Your right m8.. it his his own edit of the Gibbons mix... what a brilliant tune!

Quote Originally Posted by psykikbob
    Yup, both these tracks are superb Think Powerline may have been British on the original (Champagne?), but has had a nice re-release on Wave I believe. I think the version of Asunder Ronnie usually played is his own edit of the Gibbons mix, but I could be wrong (again). One of his best, what a classic track. I've really been digging mix 1050 recently....check it out
    I've got this - its on a 4 track Champagne sampler type thing - also includes an instrumental version of TW Funkmasters Love Honey

Im not sure that aren't 2 versions of Powerline - slightly different?

Tis a beautiful tune though

Does anyone know where you can get hold of the Walter Gibbons mix of Let no man put Asunder?

It'a a cracker.

Monday, Dont know about a 12", but it was on the Disco Madness LP & a few others I think. A legendary DJ/producer, put out the first ever commercial 12". A little about him here. I think the Powerline remix came out on the US release on Elite/Prelude, Double Journey.

Thread Information