Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another John Kelly 1

Default Another John Kelly 1

Starts with a girl singing "Sing Hallelujah" a few times then some other stuff I cant understand then "show me, sing it, crazy, in the morning time" then "sing it" a few more times (bit like reverb) then the other stuff !!!!

Then "sing hallelujah" now and again, then the piano comes in (top bit of piano) then comes the bass. Then the piano changes slightly, then "dont tell me" then a bloke says "dont do it, dont play the fool" then the piano changes again. The woman is still singing "sing hallelujah" now and again. Then a different bloke sings "I cant take it (rpt).... anymore (rpt)" quite a few times. Then a strange voice (bit like a vocoder) "Are you acid are you acid" (i think !!) "give me 5" then a pumpy sound (????)

Err thats it !!

Sweet xx

Oh I've got this on vinyl, it's well old about 1990, but I cant remember the artist, but I know its called 'Hallelujah'

I just looked round at my records and was about to have a root through but then thought, feck that! Too many records and I havent a clue where it is.

Someone else will know the name maybe, if not, I'll look it up for you.

Warrington, then hopefully when my record sells, somewhere posh!

Could it be DFP - Hallelujah - 1990?

Thats my first ever id (SteH) am i right?

This is gonna sound strange Gaz but for some reason I'm thinking it was by Fidelfatti, and the B-side was called Hallelujah!!!

And its the A-side Sweet wants!!! But I dont know the name of it!

I can picture the cover and everything, you know those early Ital fashion shoot covers with 2 blokes with mullets and a lasy with a bad perm, all in leather etc etc

Then again I am probably wrong about the Artist!

I gonna look for it later

Warrington, then hopefully when my record sells, somewhere posh!

Speaking of funny vinyl covers, have you seen the cover to Rosso Barroco - Never Gonna Give You Up, oooooh how very camp.

:O

I've only got the bootleg of that one Gaz but I think I'll buy it eventually...

Right, I've been thinking some more about Sweets unknown and I am fairly sure it's by the artist 'Mary House'

and the title is something like, 'Hallelujah' (but that could be the b-side like I said earlier, but the A side is maybe called something similar)

Right thats the best I can do w/o digging it out...

Default its by Dirty Mind on italian style

I think this is the one

The thing is here, is those Hallelujah samples have been used lots of times so we can speculate till the cows come home!

What we need is a sample
    (I know sweet you haven't got the facilities, but maybe you could give me the tape and I'll sample it, or get someone else to do it)

Just realised I never said Ta. anyway better late than never !?

I'll bring this tape with me on sat Ste, then you can hear Bertha Butt aswell !!!

Sweet xx

sweet this could be a remix of the happy mondays 'Hallelujah'

seem to remeber some funky remixs around pretty sure thats where the sing halleujah swample comes from neway
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

hiya Sarah wicked to se ya again at WE

the tune you played me at tonks befor we went is bug quad fav

loove - the ya ya's

top tunez

Default John Kelly Id

Hello mate , this was a classic john kelly mix , he uses the acappella called "in the morning" which is found on one of the original acappellas lps , then he brings in Ten dance i cant take it (which originally samples this acappella throughout the song)
    WWW.QUADRANTPARK.COM

Default acieed

the are you acid tune is jovannoti featuring gino latino - gimme five 3(acid five)

Default !

quadrantpark
    is spot on, that mix was one of John Kelly's trade mark mixes.

Nice one folks

How mad is this, I was thinking about that hallelujah tune the other day, thinking did it ever get ided !!! And now 2 1/2 yrs on it has

Cheers

Thread Information