Thread: Does ANYONE have a clue on this one?

Default Does ANYONE have a clue on this one?

Hi Folks,

Nice to be back again. I've been trying to track down a track for donkeys years with no success. I first heard it on a Manchester radio show called Sunset 102, would have been 91-92 I think. I don't have a sample

Anyway, all I can remember is that it has the lyrics - "wake up, wake up, take the pillow from your head". I think these are by KRS1 but re-used on this track which is an old school acid / breakbeat track. Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by kickin'fm; 23rd November 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Right - the second tune here has the sample I am after, but in a breakbeat style. Hope it helps!

Brother Brown

Cheers
    Last edited by kickin'fm; 23rd November 2007 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kickin'fm View Post
    Right - the second tune here has the sample I am after, but in a breakbeat style. Hope it helps!

Brother Brown

Cheers
    Mm not sure but around 95 Movin' Melodies did a track called M.O.T. Venture with the same lyrics whispered in it.

Thanks a lot Meltdown - anything helps at this point! Cheers.

i think the track your after with the krs one sample is on this
    Zero Zero - The World Famous Killer EP

TOP MAN Warby!!! Cheers - the year looks spot on. Muchos gracias - will grab a copy and then let you know.
    David

deffo
    zero zero - charly parker
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

TOP Banana!
    Thanks guys! Just wish I could help you fellas in return.

Guys,

How bizarre is this for a story - just got some new CDs from Woody, old Sunset 102 Mix Factory stuff, sat down playing the poker home game last night with the folks, I stick this CD on and 15 minutes in "Charly Parker" comes on - I went totally nuts and they all thought I'd lost my marbles.

Didn't win much but could not give a monkeys as you fellas had made my day.

Cheers,
    David

So I used to love listening to Steve Jackson, The House That Jack Built. Around 92-93 and one tune I was after went like this "Swinging trees and blowing breeze, the birds, the bees, and all the things lovely" any info on that track name would be massively appreciated!!

Thread Information