Thread: 1980-09-20 - Roy Thode @ The Ice Palace, NY - 9 Disco ID's - one-click listen

Default 1980-09-20 - Roy Thode @ The Ice Palace, NY - 9 Disco ID's - one-click listen

Hi guys,
    There is a 6 hour long recording from the 1980 season closing night at The Ice Palace (Fire Island, NY).
    Not necessarily a 'best of disco' kind of selection but still a most excellent disco repository.

[Listen & tracklist:] https://www.mixesdb.com/w/1980-09-20...e,_Fire_Island

9 unknowns remain (see attached):
    000:00 GONNALOVE - "[We're] gonna love like we never loved before"
    206:30 ARPS - FOUND: Denis LePage - Hot Wax [Celsius - 12CLS-7003]
    232:54 BOUNCING - FOUND: Pete Richards - Bouncing [Uniwave - WLP-1008] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!
    259:57 FREE - FOUND: Ray Martinez And Friends - I'm Free [Importe/12 - MP-306] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!
    265:25 STAY - FOUND: Amant - If There's Love [T.K. Disco - 115] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!
    326:10 STRONGER - FOUND: Gloria Covington - How Can You [Casablanca - NBLP 7241] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!
    329:12 BEMINE - FOUND: Gloria Gaynor - Be Mine [Polydor - 2391 218] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!
    336:31 BODYVOICE - FOUND: Foxy - Party Boys [T.K. Disco - 442] - thanks to BUNKERHEADZ !!!
    344:00 BODYVOICE_MIXING - FOUND: Space - Carry On, Turn Me On [Vogue - LDA 20276] - thanks to Ageofhouse. !!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hightype; 4th October 2021 at 09:00 AM.

Bodyvoice = Foxy - Party Boys

Ya have this mix from the SFDPS page?

If not, there's tons more

As I write, I wear a SFDPS sweater, bought it as a small thank you for the work they do <3

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Wow, thanks for the ID, amazing as always!
    I became aware of this mix by just browsing through MixesDB... was looking for some disco to listen to while working and this 6 hour set did the job, I started to like it very much... the audio quality is also excellent (unlike a lot of tapes from that era).
    Never heard of SFDPS, looking into it ... it is just an AMAZING project! Looks like tons of mixes on the way, much to the delight of trainspotters like me LOL

Edit: found their archives on Hearthis.at ... hoooooo.... enough stuff to listen to for years or so... THANKS SO MUCH for the tip!
    Last edited by hightype; 2nd October 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hightype View Post
    Wow, thanks for the ID, amazing as always!
    I became aware of this mix by just browsing through MixesDB... was looking for some disco to listen to while working and this 6 hour set did the job, I started to like it very much... the audio quality is also excellent (unlike a lot of tapes from that era).
    Never heard of SFDPS, looking into it ... it is just an AMAZING project! Looks like tons of mixes on the way, much to the delight of trainspotters like me LOL

Edit: found their archives on Hearthis.at ... hoooooo.... enough stuff to listen to for years or so... THANKS SO MUCH for the tip!
    Haha, yeah, thats a real treasure trove m8!

They fully restore the old tapes and put m up, from 1.5 till near 6 hr sets

Since they do some absolute great work her to preserve disco dance culture, its a small gesture to support them for all the work they put in if you can miss the money.

The time they need to remove mold, noise and bake them again.. my eternal respect <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/SFDPS/shop

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

BOUNCING = Pete Richards - Bouncing

There's one for sale at discogs, you can break your piggy bank
    https://www.discogs.com/release/5918...-I-Had-A-Dream

FREE = Ray Martinez And Friends - I'm Free

STAY = Amant - If There's Love

Classic disco tune!

STRONGER = Gloria Covington - How Can You

BEMINE = Gloria Gaynor - Be Mine

BODYVOICE_MIXING = 2nd tune is Space - Carry On, Turn Me On

Check out the other works from this band. Great stuff! ps The Magic Fly Album is amazing!
    Last edited by ageofhouse.; 3rd October 2021 at 11:56 AM.

btw some of these tunes can be found with shazam

@Ageofhouse. : WOAH!!! An ID avalanche, no less! THANKS SO MUCH !!!
    Some of the titles are quite obvious now, but why Discogs and Google didn't bring them up, I have no idea
    Shazam is an excellent thing, but unfortunately it's only for smartphone microphone input, there's no option for sample uploads (translates into privacy nightmare) - luckily there's a workaround, https://www.aha-music.com/ uses the same database & technology and has an upload option. Wish I knew this before, would've spared quite some time and effort

@BUNKERHEADZ: Yes, I will definitely buy some merchandise from SFDPS, thanks for the link! They basically offer gold for free, so they very much deserve any and all support!

Thread Information