Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Rhumba 1991 Zammo/Justin Robertson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Rhumba 1991 Zammo/Justin Robertson

    Any help with these much appreciated. From mix at Rhumba 1991 At at 9.48 just after Covers Girls "Funk Boutique" sounds like the woman is singing "Good time gonna get ya"???



    Many thanks

    http://www.littledogdiscs.co.uk/list...26071991/18432
    Last edited by soupastar; 24th June 2021 at 09:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Scotland
    Posts
    4,391

    Default

    www.tracklistings.co.uk
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Scotland
    Posts
    4,391

    Default

    ahh just noticed I have a track missing after cover girls
    www.tracklistings.co.uk
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    ahh just noticed I have a track missing after cover girls

    Yeah that's the one I am looking for. Think she is singing Good Time and gonna get ya. Any ideas?

    The other one must be the dub of Baby Baby.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    So after searching a few "good times" I think I have found it but can't find the version on that mix. There only seems to be 3 versions on discogs and they are all on youtube but it looks like whoever uploaded them has put the same version on twice

    Culture style - Good time.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVX36nP06d8

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Scotland
    Posts
    4,391

    Default

    ahh nice find

    it must be an earlier version of Culture Style or the record it samples, getting close
    www.tracklistings.co.uk
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    ahh nice find

    it must be an earlier version of Culture Style or the record it samples, getting close
    Hiya

    I ordered a copy of Culture style on Discogs. Sadly that version is definitely not on there. I can only imagine Culture style sampled the track maybe as the vinyl date for culture style is 1992 but that clip is from a mix mid 1991. The mixtape version is definitely the same vocal loop and almost the same arrangement as the culture style dub but no synths and more jazzy.

    Will have to keep on looking.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Scotland
    Posts
    4,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soupastar View Post
    Hiya

    I ordered a copy of Culture style on Discogs. Sadly that version is definitely not on there. I can only imagine Culture style sampled the track maybe as the vinyl date for culture style is 1992 but that clip is from a mix mid 1991. The mixtape version is definitely the same vocal loop and almost the same arrangement as the culture style dub but no synths and more jazzy.

    Will have to keep on looking.
    it was worth a punt, hopefully the correct version will be solved one day

    I noticed 'Messiah - You're Going Insane' uses the same sample https://youtu.be/C5MNK-jc1Zo?t=54
    Last edited by brady; 19th May 2021 at 10:43 AM.
    www.tracklistings.co.uk
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    it was worth a punt, hopefully the correct version will be solved one day

    I noticed 'Messiah - You're Going Insane' uses the same sample https://youtu.be/C5MNK-jc1Zo?t=54
    Nice tune that.

    I need to keep digging - I thought the vocal sample sounds slightly more American accent - almost like the covers girls vocal rather than an italian house vocal (which were mostly samples anyway).

    Thanks for your help

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soupastar View Post
    Any help with these much appreciated. From mix at Rhumba 1991 First one is at 9.48 just after Covers Girls "Funk Boutique" sounds like the woman is singing "Good time gonna get ya"???

    and next one at 13.47 with the "Work that sucker to death" sample

    Many thanks

    http://www.littledogdiscs.co.uk/list...26071991/18432
    Any one with any ideas???

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    it was worth a punt, hopefully the correct version will be solved one day

    I noticed 'Messiah - You're Going Insane' uses the same sample https://youtu.be/C5MNK-jc1Zo?t=54
    So I think the original is this. But still doesn't help me find the version Justin Robertson played.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPGIyxI8wk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •