Thread: early 90's RARE Detroit

Default early 90's RARE Detroit

what's this !!!!?? as heard in a september 1993 on a radio show in France played by DJ Deep .... very similar to a 2004 Kenny Larkin track called "seduce her" could it be some unreleased Larkin track ??
    Attached Files Attached Files

I dont know whether you got this ID'd but the strings are from a unreleased pre 1993 transmat track, so it might be 2 tracks

hi Dreamgirl !!still not Ided this bugger...it sounds exactly like "Beforethereafter" from Derrick May but an earlier version it seems,....anyone knows if a white or TP of that "Beforethereafter" came out around 92-93 ???

Dreamgirl, which unreleased pre 1993 transmat track you're referring about ?

I dont know the name - all I know is its from about 1990. Might be the same track we are talking about.

years later and this still remains a mystery track...if anyone has a clue, could well be on one of those elusive Detroit acetates from the very early 90's but could also be a DAT only thing...anyone in close touch with the french DJ Deep could probably help
    ps: DJ Deep had Derrick May living at his place for a while around 1992 if i recall well...

recording of the radioshow where this track was only ever heard https://www.mixcloud.com/backintosh/...-982-09161993/ (track starts @54min05')

ps: just realized it's in the TRance forum but it ain't Trance at all...if it is possible to move this thread to the appropriate place, mods are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Qpchan View Post
    ps: just realized it's in the TRance forum but it ain't Trance at all...if it is possible to move this thread to the appropriate place, mods are welcome
    Moved it to Old Skool Classics matey

This version comes close to the version on https://www.discogs.com/release/1172...ous-Time-Space.

This other version sounds like DJ Deep is playing something (sounds also Mayish) on top of it.

Its also not the version that is on the stolen DAT from 1990

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Thread Information