Thread: Piano tune played by Grooverider 90-91

Default Piano tune played by Grooverider 90-91

This is pretty much my last great unknown and the description ain't much but, if you know it, it should make sense

It's a house/techno tune and it sounds like someone just banging on a piano with notes out of time and tune but somehow it works (or did in the state I was in when I heard it)

Only ever heard it played out twice, both times by Grooverider, at Energy at the Hummingbird in Brum (April 1990ish) and The Eclipse in Cov (around the same time in 91)

Not much to go I know but you'd be making an old man very happy 😉

Rhythim Is Rhythim - Salsa Life?

EDIT: I think I've found the track you're after. It's at 14:50 on Side B (link to download here). There's also a tracklist; but that ID is missing.

I'd have attached the mix to this post, but the file is too big.

FURTHER EDIT: Here's a recording I made via Vocaroo: https://voca.ro/12hC0xtaXrUf with the same file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scherben; 21st January 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Hi Scherben

Many thanks for your efforts but its neither of those im afraid (I'vealreadygit Salsa Life and someone in a Facebook ID group already suggested the BOP track), its gonna be something really obscure and I don't think its ever showed up on a recorded set as I've tried all the usual avenues. Thanks again ��

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges1875 View Post
    Hi Scherben

Many thanks for your efforts but its neither of those im afraid (I'vealreadygit Salsa Life and someone in a Facebook ID group already suggested the BOP track), its gonna be something really obscure and I don't think its ever showed up on a recorded set as I've tried all the usual avenues. Thanks again ��
    My pleasure Good luck

perhaps Blake Baxter - Crimes of the Heart ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleurgh View Post
    perhaps Blake Baxter - Crimes of the Heart ?
    It's not I'm afraid but that's a corker! Thanks for trying ��

Thread Information