Thread: Any suggestions where to pick up DJ gigs?

Default Any suggestions where to pick up DJ gigs?

Hiya - I have been a DJ working on Cruises but now that has all come to an abrupt end with no idea when they will be recruiting and sailing again. TBH I don't really relish the thought of getting back on board - the confinement whenever something breaks out on board is grim.

Just wondered if this was a place to harvest ideas where to get work as a DJ back on land when the lock downs will be lifted - I quite fancy going back to my early days playing at weddings - where do planners and couples look for wedding djs?

thanks
    Last edited by nickilouder; 14th May 2020 at 10:46 AM.

everythings gone tits up now, entertainment is gonna be the last thing to get back to 'normal'

most DJs are doing live streams on facebook some just to entertain themselves. saw a few of the big name DJs were asking for donations & got slated

if their not collecting donations for worthwhile causes (NHS etc) nobody wants to know.

just gotta lay low until 'normal' returns
    most wanted IDs - https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/IDclips.htm
    over 240 solved

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    saw a few of the big name DJs were asking for donations & got slated
    Thanks for that although I'm far from being a superstar DJ so I cannot imagine getting much support to even tune in to any live stream.

Like you say entertainment looks like being the last thing that gets back to normal so until then I guess all we can do is keep the faith, brush up our self-promotion on social media and prepare to apply for jobs once the long awaited return to 'normal'.

Stay safe.

Thread Information