Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke Slater - Inssomniak - 9th Nov 1991

Not sure mate,
    I have an Mp3 labelled Mental Cube - Q (and in the IDV3 tag it states Earthbeat productions) which indicates the 12" on Discogs I linked too,
    However there is another release on a French label
    https://www.discogs.com/Mental-Cube-Q/release/515655
    and it contains all this info:

Flarenasch Distribution Musidisc

There are some tracklisting length errors on both the sleeve and label of this release:
    Track B2 (Original Mix) is actually approximately 6:30 min long but is listed as 4:15 min on the sleeve and label, however this was the length of the Original Mix on the first release of this single on the Belgium record label Buzz, which in effect would make this an Extended Mix.
    Track B1 (Santa Monica Mix) is actually 4:12 min long but is listed as 4:22 min on the label.
    This Santa Monica mix is notably shorter than the Santa Monica mix on the first release on Buzz, which would effectively make this a 'Santa Monica Edit' or 'Santa Monica Radio Edit'

The remix on the A side was also produced & written by Mental Cube and is a mix of interest to some oldskool enthusiasts given its scarcity, it is more like a mixture of both the Original and Santa Monica mixes than a remix.

Mixes A & B2 are exclusive to this french pressing.
    I would not bet my house on it, but most of my vinyl rips come from very reputable sources, so I would say the original on Buzz records is correct.
    Last edited by groovesection; 24th January 2020 at 08:28 PM.

Thread Information