PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet fantastic - No Memory

Shooms
28th March 2003, 12:21 PM
LOL - this'll sort out the nippers from the gimmers !!

Which mix of this was cained by the Flying/Balearic crew please ? There seems to be loads of mixes out there - I wanna be sure I get the right one.

For the real suvvern oldies on here wasnt this tune a firm fav at Taboo ??

wildpitch
28th March 2003, 12:38 PM
What a tune this was.

I have it, can't remember what the mix was called, but I'll let you know when I find it tonight.. Used to do loads of decent mixes with this.

Shooms
28th March 2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
What a tune this was.

I have it, can't remember what the mix was called, but I'll let you know when I find it tonight.. Used to do loads of decent mixes with this.

Top man Froz ! :king:

lastnightadj
28th March 2003, 01:31 PM
Wahey - used to end a few nights with this'un - for true balearic bliss you wanna look out for the red vinyl release - although the standard black has the same mixes

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_beabe38134b1b7951ffd14ab78bcb71b/i-1.JPG

I used to play the Extra Sensory mix - there is a good "unplugged" mix on the b-side which is just an acoustic guitar with the vocal - called No Technology

i think that were 1987 remixes as well - but if iu rememeber correctly they were shite

funnily enough this came out in 1987 - bu they re - promoed it with exactly the same mixes in 1991 :axe:

I remember at the time there was a rumout that Steve Proctor had done a remix - but never heard it and dunno if this true :phones:

Don't pay much for this though - it is a bargain bin classic :thumbsup:

although I just looked on ebay and the cd single went for £62 OMG!!!

Shooms
28th March 2003, 02:05 PM
Cheers for the info Ben !:king: Tis a class tune innit - forgot all about it until I dreamt of it last night lol !:crazy:

nathan
28th March 2003, 03:44 PM
that brummy bassline. now you're really talking. I always wandered whether 'no memory' was a reference to 'amnesia' in ibifer. Is that just weird? i'll look at my vinyl hang on . shit can't find it. I just thought it was the extended mix. Only ever heard mixes from 87

jonnyp
29th March 2003, 02:52 AM
gotta be said...quality tune, and one that I had somehow forgotten about til this post. Gonna try dig it out and give the neighbours a quick blast ;)

wildpitch
29th March 2003, 10:09 AM
Extrasensory Mix as LNDJ said was the one. I 99% certain mines the later reissue, and is a promo with a suitably great cat # of "Fantatsic1".

lastnightadj
30th March 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
I 99% certain mines the later reissue, and is a promo with a suitably great cat # of "Fantatsic1".

is it in a plain sleeve with a white/grey label? - if so then probably it probably is

wildpitch
30th March 2003, 06:41 PM
Plain sleeve with the normal Arista promo label.

Matt_JF
31st March 2003, 08:42 PM
The version I got is as follows:

Side 1: No memory - extra sensory mix

Side 2 - No Memory - ecstacy mix
Side 3 - No Memory - no technology mix

Got from HTF - thinking it was the original I paid for, but this seems to be a 1991 repress on BMG Eurodisc - black and purple sleeve.

Shooms
1st April 2003, 09:08 AM
Cheers for all the info guys :thumbsup:

Got my copy last night - normal issue as you all described above.

What a feckin tune ! Forgot how much I love this record !!:heart: :heart: :heart: What a feckin bass line on it ! :)

"We have no memory tonight, we have the sun in our hair & the moon in our eyes. And we just don't give a damn coz we're FREE !"