PDA

View Full Version : Evolution - Metropolis

hhelibebcnofne
24th March 2003, 10:43 PM
Guys

I am still after this tune but want to be 100% it is the one I mean:

Usedd to hear it around 1991-92 - it is Evolution - Metropolis - but NOT the one with vocals on it OR breaks - it is a fantastically simple tune in its own right - goes like this:

Starts off with a tic-toc type bit
Then some simple piano chords
Then a piano crescendo

All the mixes I have heard have vocals/ breaks on them.

Nearest I have come to getting it is either on the Mixmag Volume 1 Dave Seaman tape where he puts the Brass Disc acapella over the top, or from Biskit who sent me a mix of it by Qattara but that is a more modern verison with synths over it.

Can anyone ID and, more importantly, provide MP3 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease ?

Jonno
24th March 2003, 10:45 PM
It sounds like you've definitely after the Piano Dub mix. Someone on here should have a mp3 of it.

hhelibebcnofne
24th March 2003, 10:48 PM
Jonno

Does that have NO breaks/breakbeat/breakdown on it and NOvocals ? I have heard several verions - all of which have this - it is a beautifully simple yet 'rushy'/'grinning' type tune.......

Jonno
24th March 2003, 11:04 PM
Absolutely no vocals or breakbeat but does just have piano breakdown.

The Piano Dub start with a bass kick, then light bongo type thingy with bass, then snares, bit more of the same, bit of piano, then absolutely massive piano break. Bass kick back in. Main piano goes, bit of bass kick plus piano type thing for a bit. Then massive piano break again building into the an even bigger piano break. Then bass kick comes in again. Then everything fades to end.

Biskit
24th March 2003, 11:06 PM
hhelibebcnofne you've heard the 'piano dub'. Im sure Ive sent it ya!!

hhelibebcnofne
24th March 2003, 11:08 PM
The nearest one you sent me was the Qattara version I am sure. Can you post the piano vewrsion on your w/site for me mate ? Will be able to rule it in/out v.quickly....

Biskit
24th March 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by hhelibebcnofne
The nearest one you sent me was the Qattara version I am sure. Can you post the piano vewrsion on your w/site for me mate ? Will be able to rule it in/out v.quickly....

I'll rip 2 mins for ya!!

bob_skipton
25th March 2003, 10:57 AM
if you want....let me know which version your after and I'll check if it;s got it......this is the one that got hammered everywhere.....starts with the cymbal...which you might be describing as the tic-toc bit....bass-line in background which is always a pleasure to hear.

let me know

Bob

hhelibebcnofne
25th March 2003, 11:00 AM
Bob

I'll have it if it's the one I am after.

Any chance you can do a rip of it ?

Biskit
25th March 2003, 09:15 PM
The wait is over!! Here ya go... Evolution - Metropolis.......

.... The Piano dub (http://www.splattdesigns.co.uk/biskit/dub.mp3) :thumbsup:

hhelibebcnofne
25th March 2003, 10:14 PM
That's the motherfucker ! 10/10 - can I please have a full copy of this on MP3 mate ?

Thanks a million

Chris

chris.dutton@threefour.com

Biskit
25th March 2003, 10:27 PM
Halleluyah!!

Yeh, I'll get you an MP3 sorted :thumbsup:

hhelibebcnofne
25th March 2003, 11:30 PM
where did you get it in the end ?

butty
25th March 2003, 11:53 PM
hat off biskit mate :thumbsup:

'chris biskit - goes that extra mile'

lol :thumbsup:

Biskit
26th March 2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by hhelibebcnofne
where did you get it in the end ?

lol Ive always had it, dunno what version I gave you last time lol :D

hhelibebcnofne
26th March 2003, 10:04 AM
What is the Specific name of the tune and mix as you see it ? I needs to know for catalogue resons !

Also cannot believe no-one else loves this tune as much as I do !

Remember at a Universe do in Bradford c1991 where about 20 people were stood side to side dancing identically to this tune - AWESOME !

oldskooldazed (al)
26th March 2003, 11:09 AM
lol this mix is on soulseek by a number of people ya just ave to ask and not grab 100 at a time

Evoluton - Metropolis ( piano dub )

or Evoltuion - Metropolis ( white label ) i ave listed as

:D :D

hhelibebcnofne
26th March 2003, 11:13 AM
Not a patch on Win MX - you can queue a number of em up (I always do as you are guaranteed to get some dropping out) - also you can do multiple uploads. No leeching !!!!!!! Funny as fuck those cliques you know !

Also beats trickling the d/l or u/l via a 56K modem which most Brits have !

Finally, noone on there knew what tune I was on about - people on here far more enlightened anyway !

hhelibebcnofne
26th March 2003, 11:14 AM
although Biskit's seems to be top quality as well !

Biskit
26th March 2003, 01:20 PM
I'll up the said mix to night for you to download!!

Biskit
26th March 2003, 07:04 PM
Chris, you can download the full mix of the piano dub from under mi sig!!

hhelibebcnofne
26th March 2003, 07:06 PM
NFT !