PDA

View Full Version : a long shot is an understatement

nathan
19th March 2003, 12:14 AM
wicked wicked hardcore-ish breakbeat track. Kinda like a cross between papua new guinea and divine rhythm. Had a womans voice talking seductively "i'll give you a kiss" and then every so often "kiss". Broke down into gorgeous strings and kinda chanty ish vocal amazing and only have on tape.

lastnightadj
19th March 2003, 06:12 AM
This sounds like an old hardcore tune called - I think - Freedom of Speech - Kiss The DJ - comes in a gold cover with a drawing of a weird statue on it

I think that these details are right - I used to play this at -8 :p

i'll have a look for it when i get the chance - i'm not 100% sure that I have got the title right - but its definatly the tune you want - uses the apache beat right?

we always used to refer to it as kiss the DJ - funnily enough it was very unpopular with the Hardcore peeps - sold very poorly as i remember

lastnightadj
19th March 2003, 09:16 AM
found it

Freedom of Sound - A Kiss - Entity

mixes/tracks are

A Big Kiss
Kiss The DJ
Bassic Kissing

and heres a pic

pauly p
19th March 2003, 10:06 AM
I have a spare:D

make an offer

Pauly P

nathan
19th March 2003, 03:47 PM
thanks for the hard work ben! much appreciated ! Pauly what kinda money bracket we talking fella? nudge nudge wink wink

pauly p
19th March 2003, 05:36 PM
Its alright I won`t charge over a tenner for it.;)

Pauly P

RipleyPillwall
19th March 2003, 06:53 PM
If you have a real promblem I used to know Graham (who was Freedom of Sound)

He made a couple of classic trance tracks "Trancition" and "wake up" in about 94 - I even performed with him at a LIVE (and he insisted it was all live) PA on CLACTON Pier many years ago.

He was always strivign to make "Innovative" intelligetn dance music (althoug hhe did not mind plagarise Youth) and was so proud of this track.

I have nto seen him for abotu half a decade (time flies) but I know he would love the fact that soemone is hunting down what I think was his first record...

When I last came across him he had married a german stripper who he met in Wordour Street and was expectign a child.

I feel embarrased I have not kept contact with sombeody that I used to be so involved with ...

lastnightadj
19th March 2003, 07:01 PM
Thats funny ripley - this was a right weird track at the time and was one of the first "hardcore" tracks i ever bought - it was quite ahead of its time (IMHO) and paved the way for Bukem etc - but it just had a weird Eastern/mystical edge that didn't quite fit with the regular punters fare - good tune though :D

nathan
20th March 2003, 01:38 AM
I could have afforded it if some git from essex hadn't just charged me £3.99 for p and p for one 12" if that was in the original listing right then it's my fault for not reading it. fairy nuff so I guess I can't leave him negative feedback but i can bloody send him neutral and moan about it