View Full Version : Tune to ID

Here's Johnny
16th March 2003, 08:47 PM
What's this?

Reminds me of 808 State, although I could be miles off the mark

Cheers all

Biskit
16th March 2003, 08:53 PM
I might be wrong but I think this an early Grooverider production, that came out on Perception! Just a guess, and no, I no longer have a copy of the tune in question!!

Konspiracy
17th March 2003, 12:46 PM
Sounds like the beginning to Transamerican by Sublime, might be wrong tho, is it from 93?

Here's Johnny
17th March 2003, 08:45 PM
Haven't a scooby when it's from

Upped a bit more cos there's a nice break later on

Here's Johnny
17th March 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Sounds like the beginning to Transamerican by Sublime, might be wrong tho, is it from 93?

Come to think of it - I do think I had this on a free Limbo tape from some magazine - you could be right there Konspiracy:thumbsup:

Can anyone with the 12" confirm?

Biskit
17th March 2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Here's Johnny
Come to think of it - I do think I had this on a free Limbo tape from some magazine

Shit, Ive got this some where!! Got it free wiv DJ Magazine absolutely years ago! Had a blue cover!! I'll av to dig it out!

Konspiracy
17th March 2003, 11:04 PM
This is deffo Transamerican by Sublime on Limbo recs

Massively underplayed at the time,

check the other side when you buy it, its awesome, "progressive" (hate that term) brilliance

Here's Johnny
17th March 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
Shit, Ive got this some where!! Got it free wiv DJ Magazine absolutely years ago! Had a blue cover!! I'll av to dig it out!

Found it - blue cover as you say Biskit.

Thanks Konspiracy for the positive ID.

Some top tunes on there - the rare as fuk mix of Ethnic Prayer which Tears for Fears blocked.

Will rip it and put on Slsk for anyone who wants it (it did come free after all)

Konspiracy
17th March 2003, 11:09 PM
10.04...jinx!!