PDA

View Full Version : Scratching drum n bass - this is a hard one

larkfield
5th October 2016, 11:31 PM
Hi everyone,
many moons ago, I was listening to Hardcore FM in Sheffield and they were playing a pre-recorded mix. It had a lot of old hardcore (one track I remember was We Rock the Most by DJ Trax) mixed in with some rolling drum n bass. It was light and airy with piano and stuff.
One track that I loved and have never managed to track down (no pun intended) was one that featured a lot of scratching. It did a lot with the "Go with the Flow" sample. Sadly I can't remember anything else about it.

If anyone can help on this I would be forever grateful. I'd love to hear it again. I left home at 24 and I'm 39 now. It will have been long before that so it could be around 20-25 years old.

Many thanks in advance and good luck!
Matt

wizbeats
6th October 2016, 07:41 PM
It's The Criminal Minds versus D.O.T - sound clash at the hill vol.1
And the track is called Halo Caust

larkfield
6th October 2016, 10:27 PM
It is! What are you, some kind of Jedi?
Thanks sooo much. I jut need to find a full length version of it now. Found it in a mix and found a clip on hardcorewillneverdie. Full version on YouTube is missing :(
At least I have a name, thanks once again!

I should have done this year's ago...!

Nick_Name
18th February 2017, 02:47 AM
Is this it?

https://youtu.be/MqsRBmjYugI

(you've probably got it before now, but I was just moochin' through the site looking for tracks)

larkfield
18th February 2017, 08:01 PM
haha, no I haven't! Thanks so much! Have you uploaded that? It was only done the otherr day.
I just listened to it with a massive smile on my face.

Thanks once again, you guys are the BEST :) :) :)