PDA

View Full Version : never gonna give you up

Kev Da Kitten
5th March 2003, 05:28 PM
the instrumental to the rick astley tune and it had a few samples in it.

who did this?

was it rick astley on an instrumental or was it an italian version?

RipleyPillwall
5th March 2003, 05:30 PM
It was Rosco Barocco - DO do do Don't Stop.

IT was the mix on the b side.

lastnightadj
5th March 2003, 08:38 PM
Ripley - you got a picture cover of this - hilarious :D

oldskooldazed (al)
5th March 2003, 09:15 PM
lol this was suprisingly hammerd down south lol

ive heard on loads old tapes from south

al

:D :D :D :D :D

lastnightadj
6th March 2003, 09:02 AM
Larry Levan used to play the Rick Astley original at Paradise Garage - FACT :$

RipleyPillwall
6th March 2003, 10:19 AM
Ripley - you got a picture cover of this - hilarious

I have and it is. It looks like Spandau Ballet (in thier Ro Mo prime) being told to really "camp it up".

When Rick Astley's tune was sent out on promo all the London sould stations where all over it - I remember KISS 9when it was still a pirate) claiming that it was Luthor Vandross on vocals.

Edinjapan
6th March 2003, 04:01 PM
Rick Astley, great great voice man!!!

He came to look around the house next door to us once, but we were playing footy in the garden and swearing a lot, so he didn't buy it!

Used to do never gonna give at Karaoke ALL the time!!!:$

Jonno
6th March 2003, 07:13 PM
You've really suprised me here fellas that this tune was known down south. Do-Do-Don't Stop was a massive anthem up north which I really wouldn't have though would have made the cross over.

Although I have to say that it's the a-side Rosso Barocco - Never Gonna Give You Up that Kev has got to be after here. Do-Do-Don't Stop whilst being a much, much better track is obviously nothing really to do with a Rick Astley instrumental.

As far as the cover goes it's pure Italian tasteless brilliance - it's right up there with DJ Lelewell - Magic Atto II and Secci - Whip Of The Rhythm in the tack stakes.

Kev Da Kitten
12th March 2003, 01:46 PM
ive managed to get a copy, however it has got the jack speech in it.

i have heard this on an old state tape (in liverpool) where it hasnt got the jack speech, but still got the 'can you feel it' and na na na na naana'

any ideas

Jonno
12th March 2003, 01:59 PM
I take it you got the bootleg.

Ripley was right all along - it's sounds like you were after Do-Do-Don't Stop.

The normal 12 has Never Gonna Give You Up on one side and Do-Do-Don't on the flip. Do-do-don't Stop is a piano tune which has the same 'can you feel it' and na na na na naana' but it doesn't sample Rick Astley or Chuck Roberts.

Kev Da Kitten
12th March 2003, 02:12 PM
is right jonno

i didnt have a proper listen this mornin, but i will listen to the 'do do dont stop side when i get home'.

have a look at my newest id and see if you can help. nice one;)