PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to return to the classics

GRIMMY
25th February 2003, 07:00 PM
I've got this tune in me noggin & I can't for the life of me remember wot its called. It's a tune I've got somewhere but can't find it at the mo.

It all goes quiet and has a bloke in it saying slowly "I'd like to return to the classics".

Any help appreciated ID'ers.
Cheers

Jonno
25th February 2003, 07:20 PM
"Perhaps the most famous classic in all the world of music" - Jinny - Never Give Up?

lastnightadj
25th February 2003, 07:32 PM
Its been caned a bit this sample -there is an Italian biggy apart from the above though - just can't remember

The original sample is Liberace :o

Jonno
25th February 2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
The original sample is Liberace :o Never realised that. It's distinctly his voice though now when i think about it. No doubt you've got the original it's sampled from then lastnightadj? I'd guess it was a big fave with you southerners!

GRIMMY
25th February 2003, 08:37 PM
Cheers for that fella's. Not sure if its the Jinny one I've got. I'll ave to dig it out.

Anyone know anything more about the other version. I know the sample was used in more than one tune.

lastnightadj
26th February 2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Jonno
Never realised that. It's distinctly his voice though now when i think about it. No doubt you've got the original it's sampled from then lastnightadj? I'd guess it was a big fave with you southerners!

Yeah - we're so fecking Balearic down here we used to play anything

Not really

I dunno how I know that - someone must have told me - I have always looked out for the sample on Liberace LPs over the years (and lets face it charity shops are full off them) but i didn't want 50 Liberace albums round my house :$

didn't De La Soul use it on 3ft High & Rising first?

RipleyPillwall
26th February 2003, 10:21 AM
De la soul certainly did use it -what a bunch of trainspotters....

lastnightadj
26th February 2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RipleyPillwall
De la soul certainly did use it -what a bunch of trainspotters....

guilty as charged :$

RipleyPillwall
26th February 2003, 01:00 PM
guilty as charged

which is why I love it in here...

DJFANTAZIA
26th February 2003, 03:14 PM
Jinny - Heartbeat

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

GRIMMY
26th February 2003, 04:46 PM
Okay, Jonno says it might be Jinny - Never Give Up and Fantazia says its Heartbeat. I think we can probably safely say its on a Jinny tune. Anyone want to make it 2-1?

DJFANTAZIA
27th February 2003, 02:22 PM
Doesnt matter Grimmy m8, there both on the same vinyl, Jinny - Never Give Up.

Heartbeat is the b-side tune, with basically the same lyrics, but a slower piano bit in it.

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

nathan
27th February 2003, 03:19 PM
by jinny "for this number i'd like to return to one of the classics, perhaps the biggest classic of all-time .... Oh jinny" .... never give up never give up your love your love your love"

GRIMMY
27th February 2003, 06:12 PM
I've found it!!
It took me a while but was hard to find 'cos its not in its original cover and the labels half ripped off!
Brings back some memories this tune!

Thanks everyone who helped ID'ing it!:thumbsup:

Danny
27th February 2003, 06:14 PM
hmmmm

i dont recall the sample being in either the original extended version or the pka mixes. true it is on the same vinyl, but the tune is still "jinny - never get up (heartbeat)". ie the tune is still 'never get up' but has 'heartbeat' in brackets after it for some strange reason:confused:

i may be wrong as per usual thou;) :axe: :D

nathan
27th February 2003, 08:26 PM
i have this vinyl and i'm sorry to say you are wrong have a listen to the flip of pka mixes

Danny
28th February 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by nathan
i have this vinyl and i'm sorry to say you are wrong have a listen to the flip of pka mixes

which vinyl do you have nath mate? i mean, what label is it?

cheers:)

nathan
28th February 2003, 04:20 PM
aaaarrrggghh part of pulse records faze 7 or summit has nice purpley cover very pretty

Danny
28th February 2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by nathan
aaaarrrggghh part of pulse records faze 7 or summit has nice purpley cover very pretty

yup....this is the one i have. on 'faze 2'. class label.

DJ Qual-e-T
1st March 2003, 04:33 PM
This sample was also used as an intro on a version of Better Days - Jimi Polo

Starts off with sample and then the Piano Keys

Was also used on another few from around the same era - but can't quite remeber the tunes or artists.