PDA

View Full Version : Serasota or SLD

GRIMMY
14th February 2003, 12:13 PM
I've got SLD - Getting Out (original Mix)
I'm after what I consider as the better version.
I'm not sure wether its by serasota or SLD though.

It has a bloke saying something like "I wanna see your fire" in it and a scratch sample used in the intro for cutting with.
Which version is this?:confused:

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers in advance peeps.

Grimmy;)

pauly p
14th February 2003, 12:18 PM
the one you want is the Justin Robertson remix of SLD (creed records).

The "I wanna see your body hot" is nicked from the accapella on meeting place by house from the world.

Pauly P

GRIMMY
14th February 2003, 12:21 PM
Nice one for that Pauly.

Cheers

Grimmy

Biskit
14th February 2003, 12:22 PM
Sarosota pinched the sample from SLD, on the orig' SLD import, there is a bit on the vinyl, containing solos of the tune! sarosota sampled these solo's!!

pauly p
14th February 2003, 12:26 PM
When is Sarasota from then?
I don`t think I`ve ever heard it. (or that Twist tune for that matter). Are these actually "old school"?

Pauly P
:confused:

Biskit
14th February 2003, 12:50 PM
Twist & Sarosota are from around 96/97. Twist rips off 'Asha', Sarasota - Were gettin hot rips off 'SLD'. There old skool to some peeps, but I grew up wiv 'SLD & ASHA', so there the old skool to me!

pauly p
14th February 2003, 01:00 PM
Twist & Sarosota are from around 96/97. Twist rips off 'Asha', Sarasota - Were gettin hot rips off 'SLD'.

Ahh cheers for that Chris, Being an oldie I`ll stick to the 91 tunes too, are they like speeded up versions for the kiddywinks? where were these played?

Pauly P

Biskit
14th February 2003, 01:13 PM
They came out when Pianoman was doin the do, I would class them with his style of piano choons!

'If you dont mind PM!?' :D

Liquid E
14th February 2003, 02:18 PM
Grimmy the mix your lookin for is also that on the knights. I dont like em but if u do i recommend it.

Laterz Liquid E

GRIMMY
14th February 2003, 04:52 PM
:quote:
Grimmy the mix your lookin for is also that on the knights. I dont like em but if u do i recommend it.

Laterz Liquid E
----------------

Nah mate. The one on Knights is the original.
Don't like 'em meself, some are really dodgy.

Danny
14th February 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Liquid E

Laterz Liquid E

it aint on the knights series mate thats the "original version"........

there is a good pressing on the "nauticious vinyl" (i think, will have to check) volume 1. this white also has "mory kante-yeke yeke", "liberation-liberation 2" and "n-joi-anthem"........it has a pic on the sleeve which says "alive and on the decks".........and is still available in some tune shops me thinks (its old thou, but has been repressed).

nauticious vinyl 2 is also a good un with "debbie malone-rescue me", "2funky2-bothers n sisters", "pako-pakito lindo"(tuuuunnneee) and "bizarre inc-such a good feeling".

i think there maybe a couple of other volumes n'all:confused:

try "the record box"(leeds) if you're interested in em.....

nathan
14th February 2003, 08:22 PM
sarasota pisses over every version of sld i've heard

alien*8*
14th February 2003, 08:34 PM
i agree nath m8

Dj Britalian
15th February 2003, 02:01 AM
In my opinion you cant beat the original version of Sld, i suppose when both tunes were created the styles were totally different, i.e, Italian were more mellow back in the early 90's & it was quite hard piano in the mid to late 90's,

personally i prefer the SLD tis a :drum:

ste huxley
15th February 2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah me too, I prefer SLD, Sarasota is excellent tho, in a totally different way.

SLD original 1990 version is a totally original tune, a bit like Last Rhythm in its originality. Total era defining.

LOVE IT

whatyadoinsucka
15th February 2003, 08:55 AM
from what i've heard
sarasota pisses over every version of sld i've heard

got to disagree their (they hold some great memory's)

the gnome remix by robertson is the dogs

and the original on mighty quinn is the hairy'r dogs

a top '20 2 2' track at bowlers every week

beats that '10 2 2' stu allan mix

ps. i'm not starting a slagging, as to be honest i don't think i've even heard sarasota's version

Geeky
15th February 2003, 04:56 PM
the best version IMO is the one on the B-side of the original 1990 version.

The one that kicks straight in with the massive piano chords.

I think it's just called club mix. Not the extended version.

Both basically the same though.

Danny
15th February 2003, 05:02 PM
true.......the club mix (b side) is a top mix.

this is defo the vinyl you want. it has the original version (IMO classic version), the club mix and the pianoapella bits'n'pieces which are pretty canny.:D

vauser
15th February 2003, 05:31 PM
I do think that the sarasota version is class, but for me the justin robertson mix is best

Paul.