PDA

View Full Version : The ID that wouldn't die...

djmojo
13th February 2003, 12:14 AM
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:12 pm Post subject: The ID that wouldn't die...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted this ID request 2 times here before with no luck. Hopefully third time's the charm. At this point I am looking for ANY information that can help me ID this track - even if anyone has heard it on a mixtape somewhere, please let me know what tape or what DJ. Even if you think you recognize it or have heard it before, please let me know. I am beyond desperate. Some of you may think it is not even that much of a tune, but this is one of my self proclaimed life challenges.

I have audio here:

http://www.bingobertys.com/Audio/ids/sound.mp3

I have identified the following samples here:

1. Background beat - Doug Lazy "Let It Roll"

2. Sample - "We are the music makers..."; Willy Wonka sample used in many techno songs

3. Sample - Richie Rich "Salsa house" Horn breakdown

4. Crazy Horn sounds - Id'd as Tiger Moon "Something Tells Me" (some old disco track)

Please, any assistance is much appreciated...
Even if you can recommend other forums or stores that are good at spotting rarities.

BTW, for any Southern California forum members, this track was played on the 1992 mixtape "Trip Train" by DJ Barry Weaver on MilkyWay Productions. SOme other great tunes on the tape as well.

Aydo
13th February 2003, 03:02 PM
funky ass tune ! but sorry no clue. :confused: :confused:

good luck in your quest we all know whats it like, and imagine the glory when you go an buy it my son!!!!! :phones: :pixie: :bong: :phones: