PDA

View Full Version : UDG - Heaven....info...

bob_skipton
6th February 2003, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have any more info on this tune :-

Clip 1 :-

http://www.geocities.com/rmount76/mattbellid1.mp3

Clip 1.2 (below) is a bit more of the first tune if you need more :-

http://www.geocities.com/rmount76/mattbellid1.2.mp3

I know it's UDG - Heaven...but I've already got hold of cat. no. UDG001 (perecto mixes) it doesn't sound like it's the same version though....

I know there's also a white label but don't have any info....

Please help !!!

Bob

Biskit
6th February 2003, 06:12 PM
The original UDG - Heaven is a w/label, Cat No. MIX UK 6

The original UDG - Heaven bootleg is Cat' No. UDG 1

Which came 1st, I dont know, more like the booty, as the tune rips off other tunes!! Both r exactly the same, but the booty has a more RAW sound!! And both r not the perfecto mixes!!

Biskit
6th February 2003, 06:19 PM
BTW Bob just listened to the sample, thats the w/label or booty!!

bob_skipton
6th February 2003, 09:47 PM
that makes a bit of sense now you've listened to it......as I've got UDG001....which is on MIXTOWN.....thats not the same as the clip.....you agree ????

So you say the white label or bootleg is whats on the clip ????

Still a bit puzzled though as you say :-

"The original UDG - Heaven is a w/label, Cat No. MIX UK 6

The original UDG - Heaven bootleg is Cat' No. UDG 1"

Which one is on the sample ?????

please put me out of my misery...................

Bob

sirius
6th February 2003, 10:13 PM
Im gonna well confuse things here.........that sounds like the mixdown 'perfecto' mixes to me......but they are so alike in those parts of the song its hard to tell. I have both which doesnt help. Im sure a bird should be wailing at that point?......

Theres some little differences which I know how to distinguish the two, but I cant tell off the clip which one it is unfortunately.

Btw, as far as Im aware there was never a bootleg. Just a fairly wide spate of promo's waaaaay back in early 92ish and the proper release on mixdown in later 92 I think...........

Took me 2 years to find the name, and another year to find it. I got mine at bradford somewhere in 93. I remember the day and everything - the first part of a quest for the holy grail of screamer tunes was won :). Creamed mi jeans nearly lol.

See ya

Sirius.

Biskit
6th February 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Bob_Skipton
"The original UDG - Heaven is a w/label, Cat No. MIX UK 6

The original UDG - Heaven bootleg is Cat' No. UDG 1"

Which one is on the sample ?????

There both exactly the same, but I'd say the one I think is a booty UDG 1 (Cat' No. exactly spelt) is the original!! I say its a booty, as it pinches a bit from a tune, (like the orig' of Tinman - 18 strings is a booty, coz it rips Nirvana, catch mi drift) and has a raw/ruff sound compared to the w/label (MIX UK 6).

The perfecto mixes are totally different, probably remixed it, because if theyed of released it in its orig' form, they'd of been knackered!! BTW the piano is slightly different fresher sounding, !!! The start is different (Orig' starts wiv a kinda prodigy sample!!) The same 'Heaven' vocal is used, the 'Oooo Errr' synth sound sounds fresher also!! Plus the perfecto mix piano runs for most of the song, but the orig' mix, the piano is chopped in (In a Bizarre inc stylee). Nuff sed!!

sirius
6th February 2003, 11:36 PM
See my post from earlier too on your other thread bob dude...... Youve been pecking my head over which thread to post on...lol.

No. I havent got over it yet. Thats my weekend spoilt. Thats it, I need to knuckle down and record about 16,000 tracks off mi vinyls! before its too late and theyve all sagged.

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
7th February 2003, 08:34 AM
gutted a copy of this was on ebay last week
i forgot about it and was outbid

it went for £2

he'd written it up as

UFG heaven

bob_skipton
7th February 2003, 09:49 AM
Biskit....thanks again for this......you've been a star on this one....it's been doin' my head in.....proper !!!!

I think I know what's happened with mine......on the record it says :-

UDG - HEAVEN PERFECT O MIX

UDG - ON YOUR TODD PERFECT O MIX

So my record are as you say probably perfecto re-mixes......but the thing thats confused us all is my sleeve.........which says MIXDOWN on the back.....and the cat. no (which is only on the sleeve says UDG001..............

...........so my record don't go wi that freakin sleeve.....do you think I'm right there..........twats....

Bob

Biskit
7th February 2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Bob_Skipton
and the cat. no (which is only on the sleeve says UDG001

The Cat' No. on mine is UDG 1. No 00's

sirius
7th February 2003, 03:21 PM
Mine too.......

david@sharlo.freeserve.co
8th February 2003, 12:50 AM
John Berry and Mark Turner of 'the orbit' fame?! were behind udg on yer todd/heaven.Don't think they would want to be reminded of the fact though!!

bob_skipton
8th February 2003, 09:05 AM
Come on then.....who's got a copy up for sale or swaps ?????

Bob