PDA

View Full Version : Very vague

Jonno
17th January 2003, 12:03 PM
There's not much to go on here. I heard Matthew B play a tune back in 1990 at the Barn - It starts off with commentary from a baseball match (I seem to remember something about a home run). Then it goes into a breakbeat track similar to Bitin’ Back – She’s Breaking Up.

Like I say not much to go on – but I’ve still got faith that someone will know it - think baseball!

Konspiracy
17th January 2003, 12:20 PM
This sounds familiar, is it a balaeric type track?

oldskooldazed (al)
17th January 2003, 12:24 PM
ive got a few matthew b ill dig some out got a few bedrrom mixes from 89 and 90 this dj was wikked - im defo surte this tunes on the tape - he also plays a spanish version of the craze and starts with imagine john lennon on one

alan

ill try dig out was he on 3dex always wonderted this cause some rapid mixes

Jonno
17th January 2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
This sounds familiar, is it a balaeric type track? Nah - it would have probably have been described at "techno" back then. But it was still the same tempo as your piano tunes - as in 120-125 bpm.

When I say commentary, it could have been done just for the track. It was definitely American sports commentary and I seem to remember it being baseball.

lastnightadj
17th January 2003, 01:11 PM
This was out about then

GET N DARE/ON DE BALL - MENDOZA RECORDS

early breakbeat track with the commentry from the film Rollerball at the start - think it starts with a big klaxon noise just before the commentry

thinking about it it does sound like the intro to shes breaking up

Konspiracy
17th January 2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
Nah - it would have probably have been described at "techno" back then. But it was still the same tempo as your piano tunes - as in 120-125 bpm.

When I say commentary, it could have been done just for the track. It was definitely American sports commentary and I seem to remember it being baseball.

Sorry m8, stumped, was leaning in the direction of a few mellower tunes the Jam MCs used to drop, looks like lastnightadjs on the right track

Jonno
17th January 2003, 02:22 PM
lastnightadj - When you say breakbeat do you mean She's Breakin Up stylee or a more hardcore nature? Reason I ask is the only thing I can find for that track is on HTFR:

T.ALLEN & O.WALTERS - GET N DARE/ON DE BALL (MENDOZA REC) RAGGA BASSLINE HARDCORE

nathan
17th January 2003, 05:08 PM
goal by depth charge is it? that uses the commentary from socrates goal in 1982?

lastnightadj
17th January 2003, 06:49 PM
If you know the Meat Beat Manifesto remix of Shamen- Hypereal then it is the same beat as that

its that really heavy sort of compressed beat sound where there is so much bass on the first beat that it seems to disappear into just the sub

when it gets going its pretty heavy beats - whereas she breaking up is a lighter beat (sample off Revelations - Synth It ;) ) - but was not a true breakbeat track iun a urban shakedown stylee

but it definatly starts with that 909 kick (with reverb) and hi hat intro - same a SBU (sampled off double dee - found love )

maybe it was year too late as htfr have it as 1991 :$