PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Tune (Maybe from Doc Scott set from 1991?)

8Man
6th October 2014, 10:42 PM
Hello All... I posted this to the "Old Skool Classics" section by mistake... (Newbie Mistake) :dummy:

Everyone here has helped me a countless number of times and I can't thank you enough, but I've got one that has stumped me so much so that I needed to create an account and post a clip...

The history behind this track is that it is on what I thought was Doc Scott's Tic Toc Coventry 91 set. While there are many similarities between the tunes on my mix, and the youtube of Doc Scott/DJ Rap 91 Coventry mix, there are also a couple of differences that has got me baffled.

On the mix that I have, once Bass Construction's "Dance With Power" really starts kicking in the soundboard goes out, and you hear the MC say "What the Fuck?... You're joking MAN!?". Then after a couple seconds it kicks in hard with "Dance... With Power!"

After this I am pretty sure the next track is Razor Boy & Mirror Man "Beyond Control".

Now, the clip that I am trying to ID is the track directly after Beyond Control. It is gorgeous and haunting with a looped female vocal and a solid bass line, and it also has the same "halyard hitting a flagpole" sample that was used on the Palomino EP title track, aka "Give It To Me".

To me the track should have been up for major awards, but this is the only mix I have heard it on as of yet. I am hoping that this will be an easy ID'ing task for the masters that are within this community.

Thank you in advance!

BUNKERHEADZ
6th October 2014, 11:35 PM
Welcome m8 :thumbsup:

I removed ya ya other post ;)

Tune ya want is this -

http://www.discogs.com/Metronome-Voyage-To-The-Bottom-Of-The-Bass/release/330481

BUNKERHEADZ
6th October 2014, 11:38 PM
Damn, I had this version upped on YT and added to the Oggs page but I got my account closed so it aint there anymore, its the tune for sure :)

8Man
6th October 2014, 11:41 PM
Amazing!!!! Thank you so much.

I am speechless at the skillz!!!

nebkins
8th October 2014, 07:28 AM
One of the best tunes ever

8Man
8th October 2014, 10:26 PM
One of the best tunes ever

Man, you said it!

It was last Saturday night/Sunday morning and I was on a marathon painting endeavor in my basement, and I had my 5 disc changer loaded up with random sets and mixes. It was well into 3am when this masterpiece dropped, and I was floored... It was one of the moments when it was just me and the music...

The next day my wife and I are driving down to an area outside of DC and I'm playing the mix so she could hear the tune, and just as it starts kicking in, The Temple Of OZ, as I call it popped out of from the Capital Beltway. For those not familiar with 495 or the Balto/DC metro this is what I am referencing: Mega-Mormon Temple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_D.C._Temple#mediaviewer/File:DC-Temple-3.jpg)

Needless to say, I felt compelled to know more about it, and eventually get my hands on a copy... As long as my Postmaster doesn't do me wrong I should be golden in 2 weeks or so! phones: