PDA

View Full Version : Yousef 2001 Radio 1

dewhurst73
2nd October 2014, 11:22 PM
I'm looking for a house tune that Yousef played on Radio1 in 2001.
It wasn't part of one of his Essential Mixes, he stood in for Seb Fontaine one Saturday night and i think that it was the first time that Yousef had a proper go at presenting a radio show.
I don't have a clip of the tune so i'm hoping that someone has a recording of the show or a playlist.

I'm fairly sure that the show aired on the 19th May 2001 (if it wasn't the 19th then it would have been the 12th). The tune that i'm after was the last (or maybe the second to last) that Yousef played.

I'm unable to give a good description, the first part of the tune grooves along nicely but is unremarkable until about half way through, at which point there is a big dramatic breakdown with a wailing diva female vocal that sounds as though she's singing 'tainted love' - i can't be sure that that's the correct lyric, i may have misheard it; but if it is 'tainted love' then it bares no resemblance to the Gloria Jones song of the same name (famously covered by Soft Cell). I'll be surprised if anyone can ID it from my poor description so i really hope that someone has a recording of the show, or a playlist.
Thanks.